Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New mayor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:53 pm 
We should get a new mayor, because if Lucy is mafia, there could be 3 mafia alive + 2 mayor votes is enough to tie the vote. If Lucy is good, the mayoral votes don't make a difference today, because 2 mafia alive + 2 mayoral votes is still less than half.

Also, the new mayor should be sashacf, because the votes only make a difference today if Lucy is bad, and in that case sashacf is proven good. (Er, unless both Lucy and sashacf are bad, I guess.)

As a bonus, we'd get an independent count of the number of mafia.

Post subject: Re: New mayor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:03 pm 
From my perspective there is no plausible way Lucy is bad (unless achester hasn't revealed to anyone as an IC yet). I doubt sasha is the remaining mafia, but am less sure about this than about Lucy. I would rather go with csvoss, who is essentially provably good globally, assuming we can make sure she votes (and has a chance to think about the options before voting).

achester wrote:
because the votes only make a difference today if Lucy is bad, and in that case sashacf is proven good. (Er, unless both Lucy and sashacf are bad, I guess.)

That's the empty statement :P but I understand what you mean.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:19 pm 
Csvoss is provably good from your perspective, but from my perspective it's possible that you're original mafia and that csvoss was conscripted after Lucy counted the mafia. But that's sufficiently unlikely that I'd happily make csvoss the mayor instead.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:29 pm 
I'll happily vote provided I know whom to vote for (which has not always been the case recently, but hopefully will be now that there's more intrigue).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:31 pm 
The first step is to make an impeachment petition, since we can't have a petition to elect a new mayor without one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:35 pm 
(And yeah, I know it would have been better strategy for me to have voted for *someone* those days, if only to make it harder for mafia to sway votes)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:01 pm 
Lucy is camping outside my door. If I die in the next 10 minutes, it's Lucy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:01 pm 
(Which means that if I die in the next 10 minutes, the remaining townies all need to sign Lucy's impeachment petition today.)