Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:51 pm 
I think we probably all have some sort of faction, or at least personal goals, in addition to masonry, based on what Jakob said. It also seems boring to only have a goal of "find out stuff." My guess is 1 town 1 mafia 1 other, 2 town 1 mafia, or 2 town 1 other. I think it would be unlikely for none of us to be town and unlikely for all of us to be town, basically. I'm fairly confident that town and mafia exist in this game, based on my impressions of things.

I think we should all share at least some degree of info about other goals we have. I'll start. I have another faction. I also have a personal goal. Currently this personal goal seems actively compatible with Mason goals, so I may share it at some point, but I'll hold off for now. I have a role power related to this personal goal. I'll say that if you or anyone you know has non-killing incants they can use, it would be good for both of us for them to be used on me. Killing incants used on me are also good, but I need prep first, so give me warning. I'm currently under the impression that using our brainwash incant on me would be somewhat good, but not worth it unless we're at our 5 mason cap and we don't have anything better to do with it.

I think that at least some of the secret rules of the game we're supposed to find out have to do with remote players. There are a lot of them, and as far as I know right now there's no way for them to die or make kills, which seems strange. Ethan, do you know anything more about how remote playing works?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:14 pm 
Jakob seems to have forgotten to put kmli and ajliu on the troll-mafia-summer16-players list. This makes me think that they're less likely to be important roles. They could have also apped late or something, but it should at least adjust our priors.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:17 pm 
lol, whoops. They're on the list now. Feel free to speculate about what that means.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:37 pm 
Okay, I claimed third party to kmath and she claimed mafia. Furthermore, she claimed to be the mafia's resident sketchball. She told me to vote to lynch her tomorrow and to tell my friends to do the same. She claimed that nothing would happen upon her being lynched, and that she just wants to do it because she can. I believe that she probably is lynch-resistant, but I don't necessarily believe anything else she said. She claims to not have non-killing incants.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:42 pm 
I also asked her if she knew anything about items that could be Monty Python references, and she said no. Oh, she also seems to be unsure if there are any town in game, which makes me think she is less likely to be town.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:47 pm 
Another faction as in not mafia, not town?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:51 pm 
I meant that I have a faction other than the Masons. As per Jakob's clarification post about the rules, my prioritization is primarily Mason, but won't hugely screw over my other faction for a small bit of Mason info.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:10 pm 
The user "LotLot" posted in town square, despite not being in the "alive players" list. I went on one of my alt accounts, and town square is not, in fact, open for anyone to post in. This means that Lotta can post using another account (LotLot was an account accessible by Lotta and QuanQuan, and the latter isn't playing. Theoretically Lotta could have transferred access of the account to someone else, but probably not). Maybe Lotta has a role with multiple personality disorder or something?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:45 pm 
Both of my accounts also have town square access, but my role information doesn't say anything about it. Could be Jakob being confused about which one I wanted to use, could be game-related.

I have not been informed of any special rules for remote players, nor do I know how someone would kill me other than by lynching.

There seem to be a lot of players mimicking others: LotLot, Lucy echoing everyone, and Tuan stealing everyone's signatures. Not clear how much of this is actual game behavior and how much is trolling.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:57 pm 
I don't think lynching kmath is necessarily a good idea, that sounds like something a tanner/yakuza would claim.

Or it could be Katie trolling. Or wanting to make herself a proven innocent. If there's a holy grail, is there a Jesus who gets resurrected if she's lynched?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:03 pm 
The 2 usernames is just my not being sure which one you were using. If Ethan doesn't have access to something, let me know. For now I'm gonna leave both in the playerlist for the lolz.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:08 pm 
LotLot seems less mimicky and more of Lotta using two accounts (LotLot and Blumberg) who deny being the same person for some reason.

Lucy is definitely echoing people in a game related way, yeah.

Tuan stole people's signatures in previous games, so I doubt that's game related. However, he is saying everything via haiku now, which probably is game-related.

I agree that we don't particularly want kmath lynched. I might vote for her to look cooperative for the Katie Alliance, but you two shouldn't because there's no reason for us to be connected.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:26 pm 
I talked with Lucy and she wants to run for mayor. I claimed third party and asked if she knew about any items related to Arthurian Legends or Monty Python references. She said no, and she also claimed to not have incants she could use on me. She wanted to know if I had fire. She says she wants to light things on fire, and that "fire is cool, dead bodies are cool." She weakly claimed town, but I'm not sure if she's just making a token effort.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:45 am 
I got notified of my items. I have $7, an apple, and a chemistry set (probably has whatever basic chemical things you need). I have no idea what I can do with any of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:01 am 
I have $10, an apple, and a pie-making machine. Maybe Lotta can turn the apples into socks? Is that useful?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:03 am 
Also you could probably use the chemistry set to make fire for Lucy if you thought that was a good idea (likely not.)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:20 am 
Lucy has a grape, and she can obtain two future food items. She says that she likes dead bodies existing in general, but she likes them being hers even more. It's unclear whether she wants to kill people by lighting them on fire, but there's a decent chance of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:22 am 
I wonder if two apples is enough inputs for the machine to make a pie.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:25 am 
Does the pie making machine come with crust or something? I would assume we need crust to make a pie.

In other news, kmath has $11 and an apple. She may or may not have other items.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:41 am 
Ok I have $8, a banana, and a syringe.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:20 am 
Kmli just posted "I think someone said 'I figure we should make a spreadsheet of what we know.'" That was my post in the spreadsheet thread. Presumably kmli has some sort of ability to catch anonymous snippets from other forums? Which means he may have heard other things we posted... We should perhaps be careful when mentioning issues of importance, like our recruitment target.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:40 am 
Ah, kmli seems to specifically be getting info about me, actually. My role pm particularly emphasized me being excited.

Speaking of role pms, would either of you be willing to share anything about your role abilities / other goals?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:25 am 
I'd be fine with voting it to you as long as we change the recruiter periodically. I think that keeping one person as a powerful role for too long can lead to bad things (ie, dgrazian Jewish mayor).
I'd also be willing to share more if you'd share more about your other faction ksedlar. Remember, afaik info doesn't count unless it's in spreadsheet/forum

Also lol jakob said that he thought it was a glitch at first

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:28 am 
info counts *more* if it's in a spreadsheet/forum.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:29 pm 
Currently I don't think either of you have said anything at all about your other faction (if it exists), your personal goals, or your roles. I've already mentioned that I have another faction, which as Jakob specified in the other thread is a lower priority than this one. I'll also add that it seems to be fairly passive and Jakob has not actually bothered to clarify the nature of its goal to me. I also mentioned that I have a personal goal and a role power that makes it good for incants to be performed on me, though I need warning for killing incants.

I may say more once you guys have said things about your faction/goal/role.

I'm also happy with changing the recruiter to whomever can most conveniently recruit people. As far as I know the recruiter doesn't do anything except physically tap and say "brainwash," so as long as we all agree on who to recruit it doesn't really matter who the recruiter themselves is.

On an unrelated note, Tuan seems to have the power to temporarily replace part of someone's role power and replace it with the ability to turn into a rat. I have no idea what the mechanical effect of that is. He did this to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:36 pm 
Ok fine. My other role is that I'm just town aligned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:39 pm 
So are you a vanilla townie? Do you not have any special abilities?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:38 pm 
I am literally a vanilla townie except for the Masons thing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:38 pm 
I am truly a loyal servant of Arthur.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:24 pm 
:( That's too bad then. Now I feel bad for trying to elect the recruiter power over to me, since I already have a role power.

Speaking of which, I got clarification on what my new replacement "turn into a rat" power does:
- It'd probably make me harder to kill by running away
- I could fit into small spaces
- I could authenticate to a system that only responds to rats
- Other stuff I can come up with

One of these uses seems more important than the others, so I got the clarification:
In rat form, it's pretty hard to kill me because I am small and can run away quickly. So, I can respond "I do not die" to someone trying to kill me. I think normally as a rat and can still talk with people, but I can't use a computer (though I can use a phone). I'm slow and so I have to walk at a heel-toe pace. Transforming into a rat takes the same amount of time as saying, "I turn into a rat" so I can turn into a rat in response to someone coming up like they're going to kill me. If I'm already a rat though and they try to kill me, I still don't die, but apparently neither of us actually sees the other because rats are bad at recognizing people (AKA I'm supposed to meta away that they tried to kill me).

Overall this actually seems more useful than the portion of my role power it replaced, so I'm not sure why Tuan was evilly laughing via haiku at me when he pmed me about it.