Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:32 pm 
I think I know both of your phone numbers, but I'm unsure if you know mine, and you probably don't know each others.
ksedlar: 617-959-1824
tsims: 847-494-3780
dininno: 207-400-6905
(Note that post-game, your phone number can be deleted from this post)

Texting me is probably the best way to contact me, but I can also do gchat if texting is less convenient for either of you.

My initial plan of strategy is to just talk to people about game and see what they'll tell me. I'll probably be good at this myself. I can certainly talk with ijc, kmath, and Lucy in person very soon. Tsims, do you know if there is anyone else in MacGregor playing?

Recruiting is also important. I think we want to recruit at the maximum rate that we can. Ideal recruitment targets are:
- Lily Chen
- Daniel Grazian
- Kmath
- People who seem like they're hiding info when we talk to them
The three mentioned people have historically been VERY good at info-gathering, and they'll probably be very good here. Unless there are people who really seem like they have secret info, we probably just want to take two of them. One of Lily/Dgrazian can also get info from the other, but I can also potentially get info from kmath with a Katie Alliance. I'll see how cooperative she's willing to be.

I'm probably going to have the best access to people, so I would like the recruiter role to be switched to me unless there's some compelling reason otherwise. For instance, if we can't elect a new recruiter if a recruiter dies.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:01 pm 
I think we want to claim that we are third party (not town or mafia), rather than town. I think this will make people more willing to tell us stuff, and it also probably will make us less appealing kill targets, because there is probably at least some group that wants townies dead, while no one necessarily wants us dead due to masonry. In the mystery mafia game I ran, both getting more info and not dying quickly were things that happened to every third party, so some of those results may replicate here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:04 pm 
Given Jakob's clarification, we definitely want to recruit someone day 1, day 3, day 5 if someone has died, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:19 pm 
I think as of right now, we shouldn't run for mayor. That way we can better see who else wants to be mayor (someone might have a mayor-related goal), and we don't make ourselves big kill targets.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:02 pm 
I'm going to propose brainwashing Lily Chen. I think I can probably manage an informal alliance with kmath without brainwashing, whereas Lily Chen is unlikely to tell me much real information. If I'm elected to be recruiter, I can walk over to Inman Square tomorrow to brainwash her after my desk shift ends at 6. I need to be on campus tomorrow for the Boston Jedi thing at 7 anyway, so it's not as out of the way as it would normally be.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:46 pm 
I vote to make ksedlar recruiter. I think you should try to get a bit of role info/sketchiness gauge on Lily before inducting her, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:15 pm 
I also vote to make myself recruiter. Ideally I would like to get more of a gauge on Lily as well, but we're greatly incentivized to recruit day 1 and there's one time all day when she's findable. Also, part of the reason I think recruiting her is a good idea in the first place is because she's hard to read / get info out of.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:44 am 
So I guess ksedlar is recruiter? Ugh Ethan your Sig/picture combo is so annoying
I thought you were jakob trolling our forum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:13 am 
Since we only have three people, we need a unanimous vote to change the recruiter. So you would have to vote to give your recruiter power to me, tsims.

However, it looks like Lily is coming by New Random tonight, so I'll try to get her there instead of stalking her to Inman Square. Or maybe I can convince her to come by lightsabers tonight (Lucy and Miranda will probably be there too). If you think you'll have a better chance to get Lily for some reason, you can also just recruit her yourself.

IMO Ethan's avatar/sig, while hilarious, is probably going to end up causing significant confusion at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:06 pm 
Would it be helpful to mail my pie machine to someone in Boston who can collect ingredients more easily? There's a two day lag.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:26 pm 
That sounds like a good idea. By the time we have an active need for it we probably wouldn't be able to get it in time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:39 pm 
Given the fact that kmath killed someone, I think we might not want to brainwash her. We seem to have a lot of town aligned members, and if mafia has a set a trap, we don't want them to be trapping us.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:03 pm 
Proposals:
Ethan sends his pie machine and apple over ASAP.
I brainwash Dgrazian after day rollover tonight at the ET board game thing.
We vote me, lilychen, and tsims for the item lottery as described in the potions thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:35 pm 
Sounds good to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:51 pm 
Shit, we have to vote in the item lottery before 5:30 Eastern time, not Pacific time. That means Ethan is probably not contactable (he's usually busy 10-7 Eastern time). I'm going to try to contact him anyway. Also, aok asked for another person to vote for other than me and him, and I said tsims.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:31 pm 
I voted! I think we will all (minus ethan) be at the board game thing tonight? I feel like there will be many mafia players there tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:40 pm 
Yeah, I believe so. I also tried texting Ethan, but he didn't respond (not surprising if he's at work). Hopefully the missing votes will be mitigated if other people also have trouble coordinating. Lily, tsims, and I have 3 among ourselves, plus tsims and I may have received a vote from aok, and I may have received a vote from Miranda.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:48 pm 
Ok I won an item, i have to pick it up from lotta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:53 pm 
I have to pick mine up from Dgrazian. Good thing we're all going to the board games thing tonight.

Lily, did you win an item?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:59 pm 
Okay, so my new "stab" incant sounds pretty darn sketchy. I think I'll use it on Sasha tonight, that way if it turns out that "stab" kills someone, I won't get in trouble with the town.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:53 pm 
I'm considering literally just posting in town square if anyone has a cup of any sort. I've already asked that to a few people in person. Do people think this is an okay idea?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:38 pm 
I'm supposed to pick up my item from dgrazian, but he doesn't seem to know what I'm talking about, or is otherwise unwilling to cooperate.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:51 pm 
I mailed my pie machine and apple to tsims because out of the three of you, he seems most likely to be alive two days from now.

I went to bed super early yesterday. Should be less inactive over the weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:24 pm 
Allright I got a teleporter that I can use 4x day

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:36 pm 
Dgrazian says he has an item that can be opened. Bad things will happen to him if he opens it, but not if I open it. Presumably he has a similar item for you, Lily.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:22 pm 
tsims wrote:
Allright I got a teleporter that I can use 4x day

Is that 4x a day, every day? Seems quite powerful if that's the case. And does this teleport items or can it also teleport people? (How would teleporting people work?)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:28 pm 
I mean theoretically teleporting people would let us use incants on remote players / easily get items from them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:45 pm 
Lucy is around new Random. Should I ask her about cups again?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:47 pm 
I'm not sure that would be terribly productive. Why would she want to tell you anything about it?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:43 am 
Guys, there are only 9 local players. That's almost few enough to just usurp control of mayorship from Lucy if we want.