Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:53 pm 
We should pick a lynch target.

I'm sad because the lack of discussion on the forums means that a lot of discussion is happening within mafia/third parties, all of which I'm not part of. Or non-1E living groups. I'm also sad that either the 1st investigator framed me, or gods' randomness does not like me.

I guess I could be a lynch target (sadly sacrificed in exchange of infallible investigations?). I will reveal that my non-classical role gave me some sort of infallible investigations, too, in exchange of other people's investigations, but didn't get to try it today.

If other people have better lynch targets, speak now (pretty please). If not, lmk and I will try to make my last hour of life useful for town.

Post subject: Re: Day 1 Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:56 pm 
I dictate that we lynch kmath. Her schedule says she was at the kill site at the time of the kill and her alibi is garbage.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:09 pm 
I haven't been going to 6.045 lecture (and I also know not to make kills right outside the classes on my schedule).

I was also doing a thing for my CMS class today where I don't use internet for 24 hours, so I wouldn't have even been able to tell GMs if I did make a kill. Ksedlar, issacg, and others can confirm that I've been doing this.

I propose we no-lynch while we still can.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:17 pm 
kmath did tell me this beforehand that she was doing the CMS thing. And having taken the class a while ago I can confirm that this is in fact a project.

that's... pretty convincing actually. Let's see if justin changes his dictation?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:20 pm 
sources says that kmath definitely could have reported the kill despite the CMS thing, therefore dictation stands

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:25 pm 
I'm strongly in favor of lynching based on investigations, not on dictate. Conscriptions are probably a thing, so let's not get too reliant on one person. I'm not saying I think Justin is bad, I'm saying ignoring mechanics in favor of weak info is not a good idea.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:40 pm 
Okay, I'm voting no lynch.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:42 pm 
++ no lynching

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:45 pm 
Also, Justin, I don't know who your sources are, but they're wrong about me being able to contact mods. The only ways I know of are via forums and gchat, and I have already made it clear to the players I talked to in person that I am not willing to fudge my assignment for mafia.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:48 pm 
I am still advocating voting kmath, I think I've convinced Isaac.

(RE CMS: the claim was that you could text, but not use internet; I'd feel bad if this wasn't true but I promise I didn't make this up)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:54 pm 
I disagree with No Lynch, mostly on principle. I think lynching based on a confirmed townie's beliefs is better for town, and I think kmath's alibi is pretty sketchy. The no-internet assignment is legit, but I don't think it's reasonable for her to claim she couldn't have made a kill today because of it. There are ways she could have gotten around this with planning (gods have been around in-person for other things today, for example). Unless Justin changes his mind, I'm voting kmath.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:55 pm 
I was not convinced, but I don't have any non public evidence.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:57 pm 
Please don't no lynch. If you insist on not voting kmath, at least vote fmajluf7 for having two investigations against her.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:06 pm 
Josh splashed Lotta before day end.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:08 pm 
Dead Josh?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:10 pm 
Yes, dead Josh.

I can assure you that everyone in the room was very surprised when it happened.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:11 pm 
Yes dead Josh, I also confirm.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:19 pm 
kmath claimed to me to be a doppleganger and to be non-town aligned with the goal of copying other people's roles. Not sure what to do now, but seems like safe and potentially useful information to share at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:21 pm 
kmath claimed this to me as well.

I had evidence that she was not town aligned when I dictated her lynch and she has now corroborated this herself. I submit this as evidence of my continued town-alignment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:22 pm 
Sorry, to clarify, I had evidence against her prior to her claim to me. She claimed 3rd party to me (and apparently others) to try to convince me that she was working with town despite not having the town goal.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:23 pm 
Do you have reason to believe that non-town aligned is a better lynch than maybe mafia?

Also, can we get a prophet smite on fmajluf?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:26 pm 
I felt the evidence against kmath was stronger than the evidence against fmajluf. Given that kmath has admitted to not being town, I stand by this assessment.

Note that kmath could easily have lied and made a plausible non-town-but-maybe-willing-to-work-with-town claim while actually being mafia. Similarly fmajluf could have been framed, could have made a non-mafia kill, investigators could have lied, or she could have just gotten plain unlucky.

I think both were quite good lynch options but I felt kmath was the better one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:26 pm 
I'm willing to undergo a public prophet smite. I am leaving town at 3 PM tomorrow, so preferably before then.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:27 pm 
And if it's not obvious, fmajluf is definitely priority lynch target until something happens to change this.

(A public prophet smite would certainly qualify...)