Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 Death 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:33 am 
Lucy was the ace pilot of the Black Knights, a rebel group called freedom fighters by many, but who were terrorists in the eyes of the law. Though half Britannian, she always considered herself Japanese at heart, and thus had joined the rebellion to take back her country. Lucy had been piloting her Guren Mark 2 in a fight against an enemy Knightmare, and it was indeed a grand fight. Lucy had the upper hand; the enemy was no match for her skills as she gradually pushed them back with blow after blow. Just as Lucy was about to make a finishing blow, her mech suddenly stopped moving entirely. The enemy Knightmare swung its lance straight into the pilot seat where Lucy was, only to find that the reason the Guren stopped was not a mechanical malfunction at all. Lucy had already died of a heart attack.

Lucy was killed at 11:03 am in the the W20-5 Athena cluster.

Post subject: Re: Day 1 Death 1
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:37 am 
I was going to the bathroom outside 4-370 after 6.875 class which ended at 10:58. ahkim was notably not in class (I've never seen her skip before).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:40 am 
I'm sitting in my dorm room in Ashdown by myself. (I understand this isn't the most believable alibi, but I don't have any real evidence unless you want a selfie of me being frustrated by my pset.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:40 am 
I was in 21M.385, it was about to start. blumberg might be able to confirm, or rusch or parke

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:42 am 
I was (and am) in tetazoo (EC) with libsackt.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:42 am 
agrebe wrote:
I'm sitting in my dorm room in Ashdown by myself. (I understand this isn't the most believable alibi, but I don't have any real evidence unless you want a selfie of me being frustrated by my pset.)

Selfies are not allowed, because they're electronic evidence. But it's fine - most people usually don't have believable alibis :)

Also, people should put their alibis in the spreadsheet after they post them. (AFTER, not before; the spreadsheet is only allowed to summarize info available on forums.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:45 am 
Can confirm fmajluf7.

Both of us are/were on Tetazoo (EC)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:46 am 
I took my hoodie from ritagram in the library at exactly 11:04. I'm currently sitting in Algorithmic Game Theory carrying that very hoodie.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:49 am 
jakob wrote:
I was in 21M.385, it was about to start. blumberg might be able to confirm, or rusch or parke

confirm. (I paranoia texted when I saw him in class. I don't know that he can confirm though)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:51 am 
Three minutes before her mech exploded, the brave pilot Lucy whispered a single phrase to me over radio comms. She told me that the kill target is dylanhen. At first I thought she was playing some crazy gambit and asking me to kill Dylan... but now the fog is clearing. Can we get an investigation?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:55 am 
I was either in EC, at E40, or in the line between them. (Not in class oops)

I also got a PM from Lucy titled Kill Target with the contents "dylanhen", 5 minutes before the kill.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:56 am 
According to Hangouts, Linus said he was at Hayden at 11:05, I would have pegged the hoodie exchange closer to 11:06, but Hangouts could be lying? Anyway, this did indeed happen. I was at Hayden from 10:58ish to now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:03 pm 
I was in 2-190 for my 18.702 test. Mayars was also there; I paranoia texted about her at 11:02.

Linus was being sketchy near 24; I saw him running west at about 10:57, and told people about it a couple minutes later. Chat history suggests he got to Hayden for his jacket at 11:05.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:03 pm 
Linus wrote:
Three minutes before her mech exploded, the brave pilot Lucy whispered a single phrase to me over radio comms. She told me that the kill target is dylanhen. At first I thought she was playing some crazy gambit and asking me to kill Dylan... but now the fog is clearing. Can we get an investigation?

I also got a kill target, but it wasn't dylanhen. I'm guessing she sent these to everyone; heaven knows why.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:04 pm 
dylanhen wrote:
I was in 2-190 for my 18.702 test. Mayars was also there; I paranoia texted about her at 11:02.

Confirm that he paranoia chatted.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:06 pm 
jamb wrote:
Linus wrote:

I also got a kill target, but it wasn't dylanhen. I'm guessing she sent these to everyone; heaven knows why.

She told me before she died (around 10:45) that she was feeling salty at game and gunna start doing silly things. I also got a target that wasn't dylanhen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:07 pm 
jamb wrote:
Linus wrote:

I didn't receive any kill target from Lucy, so she didn't send them to *everyone*. Then again, I don't think Lucy has my contact info except through this mafia forum, so I might have been a little harder to contact.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:07 pm 
Also, I suggest waiting on investigations until people have finished releasing alibis / priest results / etc. I am thus waiting to do mayoral investigation.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:08 pm 
agrebe wrote:
jamb wrote:
Linus wrote:

I didn't receive any kill target from Lucy, so she didn't send them to *everyone*. Then again, I don't think Lucy has my contact info except through this mafia forum, so I might have been a little harder to contact.

I got mine only a minute or two before she died. She might have been in the middle of the process.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:11 pm 
I also got a kill target from lucy that wasn't me. I don't think the kill targets mean anything.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:12 pm 
I also received a kill target from Lucy this morning: brunnerj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:19 pm 
Confirm everything that Dylan said. I can alibi Dylan, ahkim, and mendel (all of whom walked into 18.702 at or before the time that I did).

Maya

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:24 pm 
I got kill target Mendel from her. I was with god in building 4 at 11:03. I saw pravinas in 36 at 10:57

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:35 pm 
Was in algebra waiting for test to start

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:38 pm 
Lucy gave me brunnerj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:20 pm 
was at 18.702 early waiting for the test to start and cramming. dylan was there when I walked in, maya walked in ~5 minutes later
I skipped 6.875 to sleep in before 18.702 :p

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:38 pm 
ahkim wrote:
dylan was there when I walked in, maya walked in ~5 minutes later

I'm pretty sure I was ~10 seconds behind Maya; I saw her in the hall in front of me (I paranoia texted her, but I suppose it's possible it was just someone who looked like her from a distance).

People shouldn't be posting who their Kill Target is. In the unlikely universe where Lucy is mafia and sent kill targets to try to find the serial killer, if someone posts their target honestly in proves to the mafia that they aren't serial killer. In the more likely universe where Lucy is a troll, posting kill targets does nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:45 pm 
dylanhen wrote:
In the unlikely universe where Lucy is mafia and sent kill targets to try to find the serial killer, if someone posts their target honestly in proves to the mafia that they aren't serial killer.

To clarify, that universe would require Lucy to either die from a vigilante (unlikely this early in game unless there are some very big trolls) or for her to forget to disarm/intentionally not disarm a serial killer?

I agree with dylanhen on principle but really think she was just trolling.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:47 pm 
I guess one thought is that the person Lucy sent you is on average higher chance of being town because it was either RNGed by a townie or assigned a townie by a Mafia? Don't think it's that helpful, but could potentially be I guess...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:59 pm 
Current people without abilis or with sketchy alibis:

agrebe, brunnerj, isaacg, jamb, Linus, maxmurin, michiko, Pravinas.

Feel free to call my alibi sketchy, but I saw ritagram coming from the inside of the library, not out of breath at all. There is literally no way she made this kill unless she's the anime character Sonic, from the anime Sonic X.

I just deleted a long paragraph about how to partition investigations when we don't know who's an Investigator. But then I realized, with Monty Hall investigations, it's pretty much OK if two Investigators target the exact same pair of people, right?
I still propose that investigators choose at least one target randomly. (If not uniformly at random, then at random from among, say, your 4 scummiest suspects.)