Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:55 am 
dylanhen and I both saw him run off past building 24 in the direction of w20.

This is notably not the direction toward Hayden where he said he was going.

I'm not sure whether Linus would have been able to run to w20, make a kill, and then run to Hayden in time. He would have had at most 10 minutes to do this. (unless ritagram is also scum or says that Linus in fact did not was not there in time).

(dylanhen and I both made note of this in a paranoia chat containing a few other players that could confirm).

imo Linus would be a good person to investigate.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:58 am 
ritagram wrote:
According to Hangouts, Linus said he was at Hayden at 11:05, I would have pegged the hoodie exchange closer to 11:06, but Hangouts could be lying? Anyway, this did indeed happen. I was at Hayden from 10:58ish to now.

ritagram: was he short of breath? Did it seem like he was just running?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:07 pm 
Confirm everything blumberg said

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:16 pm 
Roleclaim: someone who's never been to Hayden library before. I ended up going the long way around (i.e. down the street in front of Lobby 7 and then down the river). I'm cool with peeps investigating me though!

ritagram can confirm that I was at the library right when I sent "@Hayden" to the ET group chat, which conveniently, Google recorded as sent exactly at 11:05.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:36 pm 
Oop, just saw she already confirmed. After my 2:00 class, I'll sprint from Hayden to W20 and time myself. You can do that too! I think it takes less than 4 minutes unfortunately, but if it takes longer then I'm cleared.

Did Lucy die on the fifth floor?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:38 pm 
Yes, she died on the 5th floor, and given how slow elevators and stairs are, that probably adds a couple minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:40 pm 
Also Linus: If you're class starts at 11:30, why did you think it was necessary to run from the van to lobby 7 to Hayden? It seems like you had half an hour to get to Hayden and then your class and there was no need to rush.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:45 pm 
I'm in class from 11:30 until 2, which in Linus Time Zone (I personally don't use Daylight Savings Time because I get seasonal affective disorder when it gets dark at 4:30) is 12:30 until 3. So I wanted to eat lunch too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:47 pm 
EBWOP: in class until 2:30, which in Linus Time Zone is 3:30. (Don't worry, I'll use real-world time when communicating with everyone else.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:53 pm 
(EBWOP = Edit by way of post. I just looked it up!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:53 pm 
It takes at least 3 minutes to run from 5th floor Athena cluster to Hayden library. I split the test run into two splits because my ankles hurt a lot when I run. I was out of breath for >=1 minute afterward, though I wouldn't expect ritagram to remember whether I was talking normally when we met.

I'd say this is borderline -- it probably clears me, but not 100%.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:09 pm 
I agree that Linus should be investigated, but I don't think he should be more suspicious than other players who were not seen by anybody.

In fact, we are marking (in the spreadsheet) ritagram as "seen by 1 other player" due to Linus seeing her, but Linus as "near the kill site"? This seems contradictory.

This also gives me a feel for mafia going with the ball that started rolling and hoping to get a townie lynched tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:37 pm 
I advocate NOT lynching Linus, on the grounds that his posts are more entertaining than anyone else, and an entertaining game keeps townies involved.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:55 pm 
So for now we're saying that nothing is conclusive and waiting for more action?

I'm definitely not convinced, but if we HAVE to vote by end-of-day based on this alone do we vote randomly or randomly pick somebody to lynch?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:50 pm 
We'd pick someone relatively sketchy to lynch. (We should vote as a group, not vote randomly as individuals; the latter would mean that people would on average get 1 vote, which makes it really easy for mafia to sway the vote by voting for a "random" not-mafia person.)

We won't have to pick based on this alone; there'll be investigations, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:02 pm 
Everyone should also be online approaching 11:00 in case the lynch target roleclaims something.