Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Execution tonight?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:16 pm 
What should be the town strategy for determining whom to execute tonight? Do we go for who is the most sketchy (somewhat arbitrary at this point), someone completely random, or just vote no execution for today?

Post subject: Re: Execution tonight?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:23 pm 
I propose:
1) Wait until 21:00 to investigate, so people have time to report priest/stalker results and/or visit the kill site.
2) Have investigators investigate two people randomly among yellows-who-aren't-yourself with high probability and greens-who-aren't-yourself with low probability.
3) At 21:40, start discussion based on bayesian evidence from investigations, etc.
4) By 22:10, have a reasonable consensus for who we want to execute, so that they can defend themselves and/or role reveal if relevant. Iterate as necessary.

That said, people usually tend to do all the discussion 15 minutes before day end, which is pretty suboptimal. :/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:29 pm 
I plan to be asleep around 10-10.30pm because I now have skating practice in the morning. So I won't go with the mob if the mob happens after I go to bed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:44 pm 
Well. That was an exciting flood of investigations. :(

I'd lean toward executing maxmurin:
1) based on my own investigation I believe him to be 2x as likely to have done it as I did before;
2) I thought he, brunnerj, Linus, and I had the sketchiest alibis; I no longer suspect brunnerj and obviously I don't suspect myself;
3) Linus is new to mafia so it'd be nice to let him play longer - in general we don't execute new players on the first night unless we have >50% certainty they're bad.

I'm not sure how much I'd be convinced by other investigations. If Max did make the kill, a mafiaperson would likely step in to anonymously clear him. But they're not *no* evidence... Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:02 pm 
I want discussion before lynching! In particular I have a minor scum read on jamb, but she's active enough that I don't want to lynch her as a helpful townie.

Also, while I verymuch appreciate Mafia not killing me early because I'm new, I don't need the reverse treatment. If you think I did it, lynch me!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:11 pm 
Don't worry; if I thought you did it I would lynch you. If I have no idea who did it and need to choose among reasonably likely suspects, then I'd rather give you a chance to play a while than not.

I'm surprised you don't have a major scum read on me yet. I'll have to work harder on that. :P

More seriously, if I'm still alive by, say, day 4 I do think you should lynch me (since some risk of conscription exists, and also good general principle of town to lynch someone who's talking a lot and not dying). I think I'm actually less active than usual, but so is everyone else.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:13 pm 
Re: "I want discussion before lynching!": Yeah, me too. I've been trying to get it started early, but that doesn't seem to be working. I'm going to go poke Max on gchat to make sure he at least knows he's under discussion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:20 pm 
So uh... we think there are 0 regular investigators and 0 group investigators...?

Come on townies! Wake up and do things!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:27 pm 
Are there no investigators? I'm somewhat sad.
Here's my "defense".

1) That's reasonable.
2) As for sketchy people, michikyo has not even posted an alibi as far as I know, which is probably sketchier than a posted alibi that gives no information.
3) I agree that an inexperienced should have a chance to live.

I'd argue that michikyo is another possible lynch target out of complete inactivity, but I don't know how reasonable that is. I don't think there's exactly a large body of evidence against me, also.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:28 pm 
I'd be fine with michikyo because having inactive townies is kinda useless.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:29 pm 
Group investigators can't investigate day 1. But it seems likely there are no investigators? Maybe they're waiting for another kill, or proxy chains are taking a while.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:30 pm 
There's only been one kill today. What's happening? Was Lucy SK? Was there a disarm? Is there going to be a 10:59 kill?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:31 pm 
Fwiw, ET just heard a loud shout that might have been jackie dying?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:32 pm 
SKs don't always kill on day 1. They can wait until day 3 if they want.

But they usually want to kill day 1. Maybe one of the things max suggested, or maybe they tried to make a kill and aborted, and are going to try tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:33 pm 
Is michikyo a new player? If so I'd lynch maxmurin first because (1) leniency and more importantly (2) what Mafia would trust their first kill to a newb?

If michikyo isn't new, I'd policy lynch her now.

If SK doesn't kill day 1, they lose a no-kill day, of which they have just 3. That's bad. Yes?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:38 pm 
Michikyo is not a new player.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:40 pm 
Then I'd like to lynch her. VOTE: michikyo.

(This is an unofficial vote, voting for michikyo to be our target)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:42 pm 
Sorry for the lack of discussion guys, libsackt and I (and several other NPs) are dealing with a project right now (pm me if you want more info) and can't be on forums. I'm voting michikyo right now unless new info arises.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:42 pm 
Jackie is dead. The almost certainly happened when we heard the scream.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:43 pm 
It is also not unusual for her not to be active right now. She tends to become more active later in the game.

That being said, a policy lynch makes sense against michikyo.

That also being said, a thetan is mafia for killing jackie.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:46 pm 
Or hitmanned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:02 pm 
Based on what lotta said margarita claimed, namely that Maya was bicycling to Random at 10:23pm, we should lynch Maya.

Maya claimed to me repeatedly that she was going to sleep between 10 and 10:30, and claimed that again when I asked her just now. She is quite likely to be mafia, based on this info.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:03 pm 
I agree with Isaac. I'm voting for Maya.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:04 pm 
Lotta said (in person) that Margarita said she saw Maya get to Random at 10:47, which is 24 minutes after the kill. This is a reasonable amount of time it'd take to bike from ET to Random.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:06 pm 
I'm voting for Maya based on this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:06 pm 
I agree that maya is super sketchy; switching my vote to her.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:08 pm 
To add to this, the investigator I'm proxying for claims that Maya was that player's original proxy. Maya read the PM but didn't post to the investigations thread. That's at least somewhat sketchy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:12 pm 
Am voting maya

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:29 pm 
Everyone should vote for Maya as she has publicly claimed mafia if this is not obvious

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:30 pm 
(Btw, shouldn't anyone make such a claim if they're about to die?)