Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Strategy for day 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:50 pm 
Given what we know, namely that one of the two group investigators and blumberg was lying about maxmurin's death, and that blumberg has claimed to be dying tomorrow, I think a useful strategy would be to lynch one of the two group investigators, kill the other with a vigilante, and lynch blumberg tomorrow if she doesn't die tonight. That way, we'll definitely kill a mafia, and the vigilante (if an actual vigilante) will know which of them it was, so we know who to investigate further for that death.

This is assuming we don't get useful information from role powers about margarita's death.

Moreover, I don't think there's a reason for us to keep the identities of the two group investigators secret, if we want to kill off both of them, because the only downside of revealing that is that the mafia might kill them, but if we want them dead it's just upside.

What do people think of this strategy?

Post subject: Re: Strategy for day 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:11 pm 
Nice! I was already implementing this strategy. I think if vig claims they hit Mafia, we need not lynch the other one. (And for that reason alone, I haven't publicly stated the other GI's name yet, though I have a friend who can say it if I die now.) I think of the two GIs in the beef, Dylan is clearly sketchier and needs to die first.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:24 pm 
To be clear: Dylan is a GI?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:31 pm 
To be clear: he was in the GI beef, and no one should post alibis for his death so the Mafia can't trap the vig.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:10 pm 
Based on the fact that pravinas died, it seems likely to me that she was trapped. The most likely mechanism for that is that the person she killed, Dylan, was able to tell his mafia buddies that pravinas was about to kill him before she killed him, so they trapped and killed him. The other possibility is that someone who knew she was a vigilante, e.g. Linus, provided the trap info, but that seems less likely to me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:11 pm 
I'm concerned by the fact that she didn't get the information of whether dylan was mafia out in time. That makes me suspect Linus to some extent.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:55 pm 
I'd also like people to consider lynching Linus. Sorry Linus, but the fact that the person whose role you knew turned up dead of a clear trap is kind of suspicious. (However, if the person who says you're good can be more specific, and say that they know mechanically that Linus is good, that would be enough for me not to want to Lynch him)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:59 pm 
They know mechanically that I'm good, barring a really weird Conscription. (libsackt, confirm?) Let's not get more specific about which role I am, because traps.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:05 pm 
Er, libsackt is bartending and thus doubt he'll get on forums. I can confirm he was pretty convinced Linus was innocent.

I haven't been very active in discussion because #hosed, but I think that if Linus is bad, he would've been conscripted, so proving his mechanical innocence doesn't make a difference.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:13 pm 
Who are we lynching? Michikyo for inactivity and suspiciously rapid reply? The other GI in the beef?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:19 pm 
I agree that Linus 555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

<thank you, ltchin>

as I was saying, I agree that Linus should be thought about for this; he's active enough that it may be reasonable to conscript him, and he was pretty adamant about revealing to libsackt, it sounds.

that said, i'm voting for marian.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:21 pm 
I agree with michikyo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:54 pm 
Is a conscripted desperado mayor blumberg possible? I feel like that would explain a lot of things.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm 
Not reasonable in my opinion. Tonight we lynch michikyo, tomorrow we lynch isaacg probably