Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Post Intros here
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:52 am 
Here is a sample of past intros, for reference: viewtopic.php?f=273&t=5530

When messaging the GMs, remember to message both me (ksedlar) and Dgrazian (Daniel Grazian). Dgrazian is in California and I am in Japan. Dgrazian's time zone is closer to Boston's, but I will be more likely be horribly obsessed with the game.

I'll be available until around noon (1 am in Japan. Then I'll be asleep from noon-7 pm (1 am - 8 am Japan time). I will be fairly available 7 pm - 9 pm (8 am - 10 am for me). Then at work (where tbh I will be checking forums every so often in the bathroom; you can also gchat me if something is urgent), then I will have my lunch hour sometime around 11 pm - midnight (noon - 1 pm for me), and then probably at work until you go to sleep.

If you're doing something where you want GM intervention / responses soon, you'll have a lot better luck doing it at a time when GMs are available. Or, if you know the time of something in advance, telling us can help us be prepared to be responsive (e.g. I can move my lunch break around, or shift my sleep schedule a bit).

Post subject: Re: Post Intros here
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:13 am 
Also, if you think you'll be particularly hard to kill, I recommend providing the contact information of a non-player who would be willing to let mafia in to your living area to kill you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:00 am 
Hello! I'm Jackie Bredenberg, aka jamb. I'm so excited that mafia is happening!

<-- I look like my avatar but with slightly longer hair. I live in ET (259 Saint Paul Street, Brookline). Daniel Palumbo (dpalumbo@mit.edu) is a non-player who says he'd be happy to help the mafia sneak into our house if they need to.

I work at Akamai, but they have a security entrance and also I really want to be professional and not paranoid at/around my workplace, so please do not kill me at work or within 20 meters of the building. Also my work schedule isn't really predictable, and I get there on a scooter, which makes it harder to catch me. Sorry if this makes your life hard; I'll try to post other places where I'm killable. For example:

Tuesday, I'll be on campus for Squares. This means I'll probably eat dinner in W20 around 17:45, hang out there for a couple hours, and then be dancing for a while in Lobdell (2nd floor W20). As a warning for my would-be killers, lukesci usually hangs out with me during this time, and probably ritagram+kmath will also be there for the dancing.

I'm also planning to organize ~daily town hall meetings so people have a time and place to meet up and talk about game in person even if they're from different living groups. Some would be on campus, and some at ET (we have a big van and I could drive you all over and back). This doubles as a way for people to get to know each other, know what each other look like, and maybe sneakily kill each other on the way in/out. Y'all should say what times you're generally free for such! I could usually do any time 17:30 or later.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:18 pm 
Hi! I'm Misha Jamy.

<-- I too look like my avatar but with slightly longer hair. I live at WILG (355 Mass Ave) in room 310. I'm not there too often though, except at night to sleep. I don't really have a fixed schedule cause I just finished my thesis and am on vacation (yay slash sorry). I'll mostly be going to events around the area (e.g. I'm going to Yaoi on Fire, but haven't decided which night) and I'll try to post about those. I'll also come to most gatherings that jamb/others organize.

On Monday I'll be at the Media Lab from 1-~2:30. Don't kill me during that time, but you can kill me as I'm going/leaving.
On Tuesday I'm going to the Play Labs demos in 10-250. They start at 6, not sure if I'll go from the beginning. Feel free to kill me there.
On Wed or Thurs at 8 I'm going to Yaoi on Fire at the Stata Amphitheater.

@jamb I'm free anytime for town hall meetings

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:31 pm 
Hi everyone I'm Lucy ^_^ I'm at 172 Pearl st, Cambridge. You can contact inisley@mit.edu to let you in.

MTWRF 15-18: @ Dewey. don't kill me while i'm on the 1st floor and try to not disturb people. I usually am walking around the other levels at the beginning and end of my shift. I tend to T there and back, tho i'll likely walk if I need to be on campus before/after.

T before 15: @ card services. I might instead go later in the week?

T 20-22: @ Squares. I might not be there for the full time also i might bail.

W 18-21: @ British Consulate. i might bail/leave early. also its probably not a good idea to kill me here tho you could catch me on my way in/out.

R 18-20: @ Rainbow Lounge. sammyluo is usually there.

SaSu 13-18: @ Dewey. see above

Su 21-22: @ ET. might spend the night.

I have short dyed hair. I'll likely update my picture monday afternoon.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:58 pm 
Hi! I look like my avatar but with longer hair.
I live at ET, cf above for helpful NPs. I will be there for most of the time.
Exceptions:
I will be gone Monday morning until sometime-between-13:30-and-20:00 out of town for dentist appointment. I'll be coming home to Yawkey Station, and will try to remember to post here what train I'm on when I get on it.
Tuesday night is squares; I'll meet jamb for dinner beforehand, and dancing is 20 - 22:30.
Tuesday squares is in a weird place this week. To quote the email:
Quote:
Building E15 is located at 20 Ames St (somewhat near Walker Memorial) and is one of the buildings that hosts the MIT Media Lab. Use the main entrance (the first floor doors under the large arch). The revolving door will be locked, but the nearby doors around the corner will be unlocked. Once inside, take the stairs or elevator down one floor to the lower atrium. (There are some stairs/doors that lead directly from outside to the lower atrium, but those doors are locked. These doors can be opened from the inside but should not be propped open.)

Thursday night I'll be at squares (probably --- it could be cancelled), from 19:30 to 21 plus epsilon, in 5-217. Try not to disrupt this too much, it's a class. There are breaks between tips, however.
Saturday I'll be at squares most of the day (but home before dinner). It'll be somewhere, I'll say where it is and more specific timings when I find out. Extra-please don't disrupt this too much, it's a class where I'm a student! But there will be a lunch break (a great time to kill me). There probably won't be breaks between tips.
Should game go longer than Saturday, I'll return to the schedules thread and post more.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:59 pm 
Hi, I'm Daniel/dgrazian. I'm helping Katie run the game (she's done all the hard work setting it up, though!)

For those who don't know me, I'm a Random/ET alum. I'm MIT class of 2013, and I lived in Boston until a year ago (I'm currently attending Stanford with my girlfriend Lily Chen, also a Random alum.)

Hopefully, Katie and I will complement each other timezone-wise. I'm usually working between 9 and 5 PST, but even then I should be pretty good about responding to pm's within an hour or two. If there's something urgent (or something not so urgent for which we're being slow responding) you can always text me at 6196550432 or gchat me at graziandaniel@gmail.com and I'll respond asap.

Have fun!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:28 pm 
Hi! I'm Sammy, a rising senior who normally lives on Floorpi (3W) in EC. I'm staying at ET for this segment of the summer; see jamb's notes on NP help for getting into ET, etc.

I don't really have official commitments right now, and will spend most of my time at ET, either in front rooms or in my room (Left Front). I'll occasionally visit campus (definitely on Wednesday afternoon-evening, and with probability 1/2 on each of Monday and Tuesday afternoon-evening). When I do, you'll find me with probability 3/7 on floorpi, probability 3/7 on Tetazoo (EC 3E), and probability 1/7 elsewhere (Random, EC 4E, EC 2E, EC 1E, tEp [not actually on campus but w/e], W20).

Oh yeah I do have a few scheduled events to go to:
W5.15-7 LEM service/dinner, W15 for service (please don't interrupt), W20-1 or outside for dinner
W8-11 Yaoi!!! On Fire outside 32

In addition, I'm leaving on Thursday for NC (flight at 1PM), so try to kill/execute me before then (though if I'm somehow still alive I'll get a doddy bubble or something).

Here's a picture (hooray, oversized pictures! :P )
My hair is slightly shorter (?) now, and might have a slight tinge of brown at the very front

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:10 pm 
Oh, one other thing: I've been going to sleep early (by my and probably your standards) on weeknights -- usually around 10 pm pst. But fortunately that's 1 a.m. est, so barring major day-extension shenanigans, this shouldn't be a problem. And if there are such shenanigans, I'll stay up later :-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:59 am 
Oh yeah, I'm going to the Wednesday showing of YOF too. (8 pm, Stata ampitheater.)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:38 am 
Hi! I'm Mollie. I look like my avatar, but I might not be wearing glasses. (Though I probably will be.)

This is my first live action mafia game, but not my first mafia game period. I'm used to online only forum mafia and a little rusty, but I'm excited to get back into it. :)

I will probably be spending a significant amount of time at Epsilon Theta, but sleeping/being awake late at night at Next House. If you need to be let into Next House, you can email Jonathan Tagoe (jtagoe@mit.edu); if you need to be let into Epsilon Theta, you can email one of the aforementioned people.

I'll be going to Yaoi on Fire on Wednesday.

I don't have any other commitments yet, but I'll try to go to gatherings so I'm not ghosting, and if I pick up any events, I'll post again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:29 pm 
Oh also, it's been pointed out to me that I look like Avatar Aang, but with more hair (and glasses). I suppose I also look like my avatar but less blue.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:03 pm 
Tuan tuan tuan

I live at tEp (253 Commonwealth Ave) in room 23

I am doing Yoai on Fire Lights stuff 5-11 Monday to Thursday. Otherwise I'm probably at tEp being a bum. I should go to ET more and hang, so maybe you'll find me there

I look like this

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:26 pm 
Update to plans: dinner at ET on Wednesday, YOF on Thursday.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:19 pm 
Hi everyone!

Sorry the introduction is coming late, but my name is Anthony Grebe. I'm a graduate student in physics (Course 8) trying to figure out how big a proton is.

I'll be in my office (6-314) most days from about 9:30-5 (often later) except for lunch and the following:
M: I will be in Bates Lab (outside of Boston) upgrading a server. I should be in my office at some point in the morning (before 10:30) and might return there in the evening depending on how long server upgrading goes.
T: I will be in church (in the MIT chapel) from about 4:00-6:00 (maybe 6:30). Please don't try to kill me then.
If you walk down the infinite corridor on the third floor, the Center for Theoretical Physics is near the east end. My office is inside there. I think it's unlocked from 8:00-6:00 on weekdays, and if the game extends to the weekend we can worry about access then.

In the evenings, I will probably be in Sidney-Pacific. My thought is that I should be on campus for enough hours every day that someone could kill me then, but if people think it would be necessary/beneficial I can ask my roommate if she would be willing to let people into our apartment.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:00 pm 
Hi, I'm Margarita! Excited to be playing with all of you!

Schedule:
I work in 46-5151, usually in from around 10:30-6:30, but possibly also starting work as early as 9 or ending as late as 7. When I'm not at work, I am either at ET (MWF, usually) or in Random Hall (TR evenings, usually). I also plan on attending Squares. Sorry for not providing super detailed info, I don't know exactly what things I'm doing yet and I have to finish this intro in less than five minutes...

Will post a picture of my face soon!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:09 pm 
Here's my face:

Attachments:
rita-face.png
rita-face.png [ 185.19 KiB | Viewed 5500 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:06 pm 
Hey guys! I'm Laurel Regibeau-Rockett. I live in room 1025 in Simmons, on floor 10A. I am no longer working so I really don't know what my schedule is going to look like... Picture of my face below.

Attachments:
11093942_795018540589109_992931186_n.jpg
11093942_795018540589109_992931186_n.jpg [ 58.08 KiB | Viewed 5496 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:09 pm 
Also am currently sick, so will not be leaving Simmons very much. Will try and exist outside my room though - probably will be found in the 7A lounge.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:27 am 
Spending the night at ET so will be around Early and will be ubering to work.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:53 am 
Hi! I'm Pravina, and I'll be very hard to kill. You can make me easier to kill by emailing irg-nav@ and requsting to do a two hour experiment with me (which I am legally obligated Not to paranoia text anyone about). Each day, I'll post what my experiment schedule is and where experiments will be the next day. I currently have no experiment scheduled.

Today's plan: From 12-1 today I will be at Stata, somewhere on the second or third floor, for IRG lab lunch. I'll be running from the Kendall Square T station, and possibly printing out flyers beforehand.
At 1, I'll go print out a bunch of flyers at W20, then head to Central Square where I will be handing out flyers for the experiment.

My other plans for the week include thursday's yaoi on fire, and a friday 11am meeting in CSAIL.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:31 am 
UPDATE:

46-5151 is locked, and nobody with the key seems to be in today, so I'm working in Hayden from now until the Mafia meetup, with a break in between at some point to get lunch. Come kill me... if you dare! :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:44 am 
Looks like I'm getting on the 12:22, which is supposed to reach Yawkey by 13:26. (If a kill happens before then, like at 12, someone could theoretically meet me at Yawkey to prove I was on the train.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:32 am 
I'm going to sleep in like 5 minutes. Dgrazian is at work, but can check things every so often via his phone. Continue to pm both of us relevant things though (you can use the GMs group if you want).

Hopefully nothing explodes while I'm gone.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:47 am 
Headed to w20 to grab lunch before work. Will likely be in the lcc or the cluster.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:28 pm 
Anyone who needs access to Simmons, please contact jhbell@mit.edu! Happy mafia-ing!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:49 pm 
Now home! (At ET.) Gonna try fixing my scooter so I can take it to town hall meeting, probably leaving at 17 or so

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:53 pm 
I'm in the Simmons hall library btw guys

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:07 pm 
Tomorrow, Squares is in E15 or something, see Luke's post. Wednesday a bunch of players and I are cooking dinner at ET 18 or 19ish, feel free to join us / have a meetup then.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:33 pm 
My Saturday squares thing is 66-168, 10:30am.