Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Paranoia Chats?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:05 am 
For new players - paranoia chats are google hangouts containing some number of mafia players that have historically been used to tell other players when someone in game is approaching you, so people can have some info on player movements.

Should these exist? If yes, should there be one big one, or multiple smaller ones?

Post subject: Re: Paranoia Chats?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:23 am 
I think paranoia chats are not-fun and not-that-useful-given-freeze, but I'm a fan of having everyone exchange gmails so we can contact each other more easily when not checking forums; maybe a game-wide chat so we can say things like "hey Jackie died 30 minutes ago!" and then people who aren't checking forums can go post alibis sooner? That said, I do think most non-private discussion should be on forums.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:26 am 
One big one would be ineffective, because all the mafia would be also be able to see the paranoia and react accordingly. (number of mafia + serial killers + 2) seems reasonable (so I think eight is the ideal size); last game it seemed the members of paranoia chats were disproportionately mafia, so it's better safe than sorry. :P

The unlimited freeze makes paranoia chats less likely to be effective in general though. Oh well. I don't think they're net negative for the town, but they aren't much help.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:16 am 
I am in favor of paranoia chats in general, both because they make me feel like I can interact with mafia players without fearing for my life, and because they have been historically useful to me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:07 pm 
Can someone add me to a chat then? My gmail is yannickyao1998@gmail.com.