Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:36 pm 
1. What was the thing she told somebody in case she died?

2. We should be sure to keep up item / investigation tracking, even in her absence! These things can catch mafia. If you're in a space with a group of other people, ask them to help.

3. She thought Adam seems good, Sammy seems surprisingly not-very-active and thus slightly sketchy, Max was possibly sketchy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:45 pm 
++ number 2.

For number 1, she told me that [someone else] should post [something]. I was going to wait for a bit, to give [someone else] time to post, but I can say about that by, say, dinnertime.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:49 pm 
I also got several messages of the form "when I die, [someone] should post explaining [some really cryptic string]"

Katie also told me she trusted Adam and (obviously) didn't tell me she distrusted me. She said she mildly trusted lukesci and very mildly trusted brunnerj.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:46 pm 
Katie told me to say some stuff if she died:

Day 1: Mendel was roleblocked today
Day 2: Jakob is unable to kill today

She expressed mild suspicions of sammy, jamb, and maxmurin shortly before dying. Also worth noting is she died shortly after I told jamb that ksedlar and me were looking into jamb and sammy for possible sketchiness.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:11 pm 
Can confirm I was blocked day one, I told Luke this, but no one else.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:15 pm 
cool, I guess that matches up with the words ksedlar told me python was supposed to explain ("mirt" and "juk")

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:28 pm 
People I think might reasonably have gone to ET to make a kill (based on having been there before), who don't have alibis:

jamb, Julian, mayars, ObitoSigma, python, ritagram, rusch?, sammyluo

Obviously new players or people who haven't been to ET before *could* have, but I think I'd give it maybe 75% the killer is in that set.

Personal thoughts (yeah i know it only adds to 70%):
jamb - 0%, duh
Julian - 15%
mayars - 15%
ObitoSigma - 10%
python - 10%
ritagram - 5%
rusch - 10%
sammyluo - 5%

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:25 pm 
I got same message from Katie as Sammy did, looks like. Confirm that Mendel told me he was RBd day 1. Don't have more time to talk until after 6.046 exam.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:05 pm 
I was sitting in the front-middle row of 8.022 today. If only someone else in 8.022 could alibi me :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:49 pm 
ObitoSigma wrote:
I was sitting in the front-middle row of 8.022 today. If only someone else in 8.022 could alibi me :(

I was in 8.022, I can alibi you

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:25 pm 
I think we have so much information on this already that with just a few more investigations we can almost completely narrow down the killer.

My personal order of suspicion:

ritagram: 25% Bad alibi, only confirmed innocent by a proxied pair investigation from jamb. It would be nice for whoever did this investigation, if it was not jamb, to proxy it out again so someone is accountable for this if it turns out she's guilty. The only ET player I see on here with this bad of an alibi.

Yannick: 20% No investigations, bad alibi, could have reasonably gone to ET

Joachim: 15% No investigations, no alibi

Laberca: 15% No investigations, bad alibi

Others with small but nonnegligible probability: Maxmurin, cmcclena, boof.

Please come to E.T. and investigate! I think Gods overcompensated town's investigation power this game, and it would great to just process of elimination find a killer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:33 pm 
For what it's worth, my alibi is pretty good if you know me well enough. 24.902 is an attendance required class at least in theory (and I am not the kind of person who would test that in practice), and attendance is worth 10% of the grade for the class. I can show people a 24.902 syllabus saying "Attendance and participation in all classes is obligatory." in bold. Perhaps missing one day of 24.902 lecture for mafia might be a reasonable sacrifice for some people, but I'm not one of them. That being said, feel free to investigate me if you feel this is best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:42 pm 
Agree that if possible, we should put more inv power on this kill, rather than the kill on jakob where no one has an alibi.