Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Day 2 Lynch
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:11 am 
What are ramifications of mafia jamb? Maybe makes jakob+mayars a bit sketchier (especially mayars since they alibied eachother, although that doesn't necessarily mean sketch) and jamb's sketch list+gurev a bit less sketchy?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:31 am 
Mendel also found us there at some point, and probably can confirm that we were working on code together with Arkadiy?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:00 am 
I didn't pay attention to what y'all are doing. I think Carrie is pushing the narrative that I considered, namely that you intended to kill me with the other present. Although I do doubt that was actually the intent since like not the sort of thing that typically happens.

But like yeah I was sketched by seeing people in food, which actually isn't that good a reason to feel that way.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:02 am 
Also like as far as pravi is concerned I did alibi you both. I didn't note the time you left, but I'm very confident you wouldn't make the kill with me potentially knowing your time of departure.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:14 am 
Re mafia jamb, it should be pointed out that there was a long time where people were debating whether and who to shovel, and evidence could have been planted.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:02 am 
I'm not trying to say the alibi was fake or Maya was trying to kill Mendel, just that being alibied by a mafia member for a kill they would have both known about (if Maya was mafia) is slightly sketchier. Still not much evidence, though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:44 am 
er, evidence may have been planted on jamb, she may not actually be mafia.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:46 am 
jakob wrote:
er, evidence may have been planted on jamb, she may not actually be mafia.

Right, yeah, sorry, was responding to mayars and chiller. That is a definite possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:42 pm 
I think we should definitely use a mafia counter soonish to check whether evidence planting has happened. We only have two counters in game and I think we want to save one for endgame (ie if there are 5 or 6 players left it would be critical to know how many mafias still remain.) So I think the best use for mafia counter would be early tomorrow, which gives us information on all lynches thus far (including today's lynch). (Also keep in mind the way mafia counters work is a random player with a signature on one gets to report the result, so if this player happens to be a mafia they can lie.)

If people want me to sign a counter I will probably be at ET this evening and could do so there (unless sketchy item passing has happened, both players still alive with mafia counters are at ET so this seems like a reasonable place to sign one.)

Also there apparently haven't been any proxied pickpockets this game? I suggest pickpockets, if there are any, start pickpocketing people you think are sketchy, and see if you get a sketchy item from them, ie an item not listed that they own on the items spreadsheet. I think jakob also said something along these lines but I think this is important enough to stress again since a sketchy item pickpocket probably finds a mafia. Also if you pickpocket people and don't find a sketchy item, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PROXY THE INFORMATION OUT. This allows us to 1) keep the items spreadsheet up to date, so if a real pickpocket pickpockets *you* then you don't end up getting lynched; and 2) potentially clears someone of being a Serial Killer (the mafia can transfer items around between themselves but Serial Killers have a harder time). That being said it's possible/probable that mafia are in contact with at least one of their SKs due to the small number of kills on days 1 and 2 (kills can be prevented by mafia/SK hitting another SK/mafia who then pleads guilty).