Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: maxmurin is dead
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:46 pm 
Killed by brunnerj and someone that looked like boof at 11:40?
I managed to hide from their sight apparently.

Post subject: Re: maxmurin is dead
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:58 pm 
Which of them actually performed the "bang"?
Any other details?
If this pans out, WELL DONE ixa!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:00 pm 
Pretty sure it was brunnerj. I don't know what other details to give? It was on floorpi?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:12 pm 
If Josh is the one who made the kill, then tazing him today probably isn't worth it, since it's only helpful if he's Planeswalker.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:49 pm 
Based on this information, I think if there are any town Zombies, you should try to kill either brunnerj or boof. Then we lynch the other, and hopefully take out 2 mafias in this way. Also if you do this, proxy out the information so we don't waste investigations.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:51 pm 
I just made a splitter investigation on Josh and ixa for maxmurin, result pending.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:06 am 
Result: ixa not guilty.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:32 am 
Based on this, I find josh extremely sketchy; idk about boof, it is definitely evidence against them but not sure how much. (probability estimates from ixa appreciated!) also Dylan is sketchy, for a reason below.
Important facts:
- ixa had a chance to kill me when I was visiting the site, and didn't try.
- ixa provably knew about the kill BEFORE it was posted, so she's not just making stuff up --- either she's town who witnessed the kill or mafia-aligned
- Josh was going to be with Dylan, [redacted]. I asked Dylan if Josh was still with him and he said "yeah"; I said "The whole time, I assume?" and he didn't answer. Given the already likelihood of the plot "Dylan covers for Josh while Josh kills" conditional on Josh making this kill, I think this makes Dylan somewhat sketchy.
- Josh very likely can't kill again today, but someone else on the mafia team may be able to; watch out for Dylan and/or boof (or someone else, if our inferences are wrong).
- VOTE FOR JOSH, PLS

(voice of contrary evidence: maybe ixa killed max and then preemptively beefed?? this would be a really weird thing to do --- mafia almost never want to get in a two-way beef. also, my investigation argues against this; even if it were manipulated once, mafia would have only a 50/50 shot of getting the desired result. both a frame (pickpocket buff) and MTP (pries/SA buff) would be needed to have a 100% chance of this investigation working.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:44 am 
I'm 90% sure? I'm pretty confident, but am still struggling to memorize faces/people/names on the spot, so that's the reason for my unease.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:27 am 
No worries, thanks for the estimate!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:57 am 
brunnerj is totally sketch.

First off, he went to campus last night with me and some NPs, which was a little odd for him, but not completely unheard of. We ended up with a large group of NPs and players me, brunnerj, and ritagram. Most of that group went in to a place, including me and ritagram, but not brunnerj. Ritagram was in it for a while and came out a different exit, and I think brunnerj thought I was doing the same. I decided to come back out, and brunnerj wasn't there. He came back like 10 minutes later. I didn't think too much about it because I was worried about other things, and not paying attention to mafia. I'm not sure of the timing, but I think it included the time of the death.

If I had stayed in the place as long as he expected, and he hadn't been seen by ixa, this probably would've been a pretty good kill opportunity for brunnerj.

I wasn't very responsive to lukesci's messages because I was worried about non-mafia things, and I didn't know why he was asking -- I thought he just wanted to know that brunnerj was with me on campus.

In summary: lynch brunnerj.