Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Preparing for War
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:33 pm 
Mafia is not going to like this. First jamb and now brunnerj. They're going to start taking an aggressive strategy in retaliation, so be on your toes. Check up on your friends every 30 minutes. Start hanging out with them irl. It's never safe to be alone. Take extra precautions. If you're a zombie, don't hesitate to attack if you find someone suspicious. If you're cursed, hang out with other players to avoid any chance that you'll get targeted (thus avoiding the opportunity for mafia to make another kill). It's time for war.

Post subject: Re: Preparing for War
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:49 pm 
I'm not at all convinced jamb was mafia, and zombie kills used too hastily can cost town the victory too. Also, cursed players shouldn't stay in groups that much more than other players do, so mafia can't tell who's cursed.
The other stuff, I agree with, although if it is making you out-of-game sad, it's okay to dial back the paranoia.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:51 pm 
In fact, for fun, here's an argument for why jamb is mafia: why would mafia have waited until Sammy was lynched to do the "get rid of all sketchy items" strategy? Us thinking jamb is town after she's dead doesn't seem valuable enough. So I still think this was a mafia splitter using their buff.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:52 pm 
*why jamb ISN'T mafia, oops

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:52 pm 
Oh, I suppose she could have been SK, not having killed, not in contact? That would be plausible if it were someone other than jackie.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:13 pm 
Maybe she was roleblocked/dodging priests/something? Or maybe the mafia hoped to gain something from having her seem innocent from items, and didn't expect her to be shoveled? Agree that having been planted evidence on seems more likely than either of those.