Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Day 5 Lynch
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:20 pm 
cmcclena wrote:
I'm going to bring up that last game there was advocation to lynch joachim because he only seemed active when vito (?) poked him, and he ended up being town. Again, not saying I think he is town, but I am seriously opposed to lynching him for any reason related to inactivity.

I, personally, advocate for lynching yyao1. I've built up a sketch intuition towards him which is mostly built off of small, probably insignificant reasons, not all of which I remember and not all (if any) of which are strong. (I was thinking of posting this a couple of days ago, but I'm still wary when it comes to directly accusing someone.

1. Three pair investigations that didn't go his way for pravinas and two for natalyat (not sure how to feel about trusting pair investigations, though)
2. His decision to shovel before items (admittedly, he asked and waited until someone (rusch) approved)
3. His lack of player-alibis (though to be fair, I have pretty shitty alibis up through day 3)
4. His paranoia posting of ritagram and sammyluo's possible deaths (not sure if this makes at all sense as a reason except that maybe it would make him seem more town? also unsure if anything related to sammyluo being mafia affects this reasoning?)

In my defense:
1. This I cannot argue against. The only thing I would say is that I suspect I am being framed for one of the kills (more towards pravinas' kill, which made Chiller sketch because he voted for me before any formal accusation arises, and continues to do so afterwards, significantly more insistent than any other player).
2/4. I have openly apologized for my mistakes. To be honest, I tend to act too rashly as I am still somewhat new to this and too eager to contribute to the team, and I have been learning lessons.
3. This is really just my personality. I am more of a solitary person, and don't really tend to hang out with people. Also I am not familiar with many of the players IRL so I am not aware of occasions where I would see a player (except for floor pi and 18.701).

In all honesty, I would have voted to lynch yyao1 had I not been yyao1 (hence the signature below), so not accusing anyone for accusing me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:22 pm 
Based on the evidence I think we should lynch yyao1 today. His roleclaim largely made sense but was unprovable (in that the mafia could easily have faked yyao1's actions). Additionally, there were a couple things that yyao1 claimed to do that seemed very suboptimal if he was actually town. I don't think I want to reveal what these are because in the world where yyao1 is actually town, they give the mafia useful information, and in the world where yyao1 is mafia, revealing them isn't that helpful for us. Additionally, yyao1 has bad alibis for nearly all of the kills, and was one of the few people not investigation-cleared on the day1 kill of pravinas (and also is marginally investigation-implicated in the day5 kill of natalyat.)

I do see achester's point about lynching joachim in that he could be faking inactive. However if I remember correctly joachim was also inactive last game and turned out to be town, so I don't see this as too strong an update against him. I also think that case 2 doesn't work at all: if joachim and lukesci are both town then lynching joachim is very bad for us as since lukesci was town and telling the truth, there are still 4 mafia left. This would leave 7 town and 4 mafia going INTO the next day, which is almost certainly a loss for us (mafia can kill at least 1 and likely more people). Leaving joachim alive might be annoying from a vote perspective if joachim doesn't vote, but I think it's better to just encourage joachim to vote than assume he'll just be inactive. (Basically if lukesci is telling the truth, we NEED to lynch a mafia today in order to have a chance.) I also am not sure about achester's argument 3, I feel like there may have been other reasons for a mafia lukesci to claim 4 mafia in game; I also note that lukesci was one of the first people to claim joachim was sketchy for today's kill.

So in summary I suggest we lynch yyao1, and will be casting my vote for him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:24 pm 
My bad also on the shoveling thing. I was mainly salty from the jamb's shoveling taking so long and being very probably framed.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:27 pm 
++

I'm convinced - I can only second things that have already been said. Joachim is not a good lynch partially for meta reasons and partially because I just really doubt he did any of the early kills. The case against yyao has been building steadily all game and yyao's defense is pretty empty. Also, it seems like we're trusting python, hopefully for good reasons, and he seems to have even more slightly incriminating info about yyao. So I will also be voting for him tonight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:27 pm 
I've voted for yyao1.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:33 pm 
I will reveal my role to python, in case anything weird happens to me, you guys know why.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:36 pm 
I've also voted for yyao1.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:36 pm 
Same.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:39 pm 
(same)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:41 pm 
me too thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:43 pm 
Sammmme

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:59 pm 
I defer to python's judgment and am voting for yyao1. Joachim, since you say getting the PM helped, I'll try to keep PMing you (and we can try to figure out a more sustainable solution after the game).