Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:45 pm 
blue people don't claim to her, she is obviously red.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:31 am 
I was initially confused about this, but I think there are two possibilities. From your perspective if you think I’m red, either:
(1) India is just one of many words being clued. In this case, there are 10 words and (by my count) 19 things that seem to at least somewhat fit, so some of them will randomly hit bystanders; I think an update of somewhere between 1.5x and 2.5x confidence that it’s a red word is appropriate. (I.e. you should trust me less, but I think this balances out with the fact that I have no other red-seeming words and plenty blue-seeming words.)
(2) India is being specifically targeted by the clue BANGLADESH, and therefore should be a stronger update than that. In this case, why? Python has no incentive to root out traitors from the blue team by hard-cluing them; if anything he’d rather I remain undercover to sow confusion. Unlike last game, there’s no incentive to target me early, because there are no deaths, so I’ll stick around and keep playing for my team. Frankly, I think if India is being specifically targeted, the best explanation is that Python wants to make me look red to undermine blue’s coordination. (Aok looking green, on the other hand, was clearly a message from our spymaster that he’s untrustworthy, since Pesto does have the incentive to hard-clue traitors.)

I think that’s all I have to say for myself. I don’t claim to look good for India, but I also don’t think I look much worse. Message me with questions or claims.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:47 am 
Or, python is just routinely cluing codenames of red players as part of scoring points, rather than wasting his time 'sowing confusion'.

If you think BANGLADESH is cluing INDIA, don't give jamb more info.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:48 am 
aok wrote:
Or, python is just routinely cluing codenames of red players as part of scoring points, rather than wasting his time 'sowing confusion'.
Right, that was case (1).