Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:32 pm 
Apparently this doesn't exist yet? People should record stuff here from the chat.

Anyways, I have the following investigations to proxy from Investigator Spruce E. Brinkles:

{m2w, yyao1} -> rusch returns yyao1 innocent
{m2w, JosB} -> rusch returns JosB innocent

The first is a hard beef with Bruce E. Sprinkles.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:36 pm 
Okay, posting here for gurev:

gurev said earlier that Investigator Bruce E. Sprinkles claims that:

{meghal, m2w} --> sammy returns m2w innocent
{yyao1, m2w} --> Rusch returns m2w innocent

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:41 pm 
We definitely want to trace back Jack’s proxy chain, btw.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:16 am 
hm, this confuses me. If m2w killed rusch and was going to get lunched anyway, why bother to appear innocent? It doesn't seem worth it just to throw off town a bit. Also, someone should post the spirit search result when it appears, though it'll probably turn up innocent.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:44 am 
Oh yeah, Pravi said the spirit search came up innocent.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:21 am 
Also, remember to tell one or two people when someone proxies to you, so that mafia can’t sever the proxy chain to hide their mistakes.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:12 pm 
Priest Pruce E. Rinkles says that one of pravinas and jasonye killed ksedlar.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:21 pm 
Also, since I got a splitter investigation, so I did {pravi, jason} -> ksedlar returning pravi as innocent

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:56 pm 
Priest Goose E Sinkholes says pravinas did not kill ksedlar

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:34 pm 
emily shovels as: town, pair investigator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:29 pm 
2 mafia are alive according to mafia counter (at around 5:06 PM)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:10 pm 
Priest Ruce E Pinkles says yannick, Meghal did not kill ksedlar

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:59 pm 
Summary of current discussion:

Molly shoveled as mafia, and also seemed really mafia, so is very probably mafia. Yannick is in a strong beef with Jason. Luke and Emily were in a strong beef yesterday, and both are now dead.

Suppose Yannick is innocent. Yannick counted the mafia at 2, so Luke is the bad one of the [Luke, Emily] beef. But also Yannick beefs with Jason, so in this case {molly, Jason, Luke} are the mafia.

However, I strongly alibi Jason and Luke for both deaths last night, and Molly not being vigilante or serial killer makes it hard for her to have made both kills last night. This is a hard to resolve contradiction.

So, possibilities I can think of:
Molly, Yannick, Luke or Molly, Yannick, Emily are the mafia.
Molly schemed for sammy's death or something, and Molly, Luke, Jason are the mafia.
Emily and Luke, two innocent townies, beefed with each other, and mafia are Jason, Molly, and someone unknown.

The main theory here implies Yannick probably killed Rusch, which contradicts the investigation from Spruce. Spruce is thought to be Emily, but if not, they should role reveal to me. Also if you gave investigation results which contradict the things I'm saying, you should tell me who you are.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:56 am 
Why are jason and yannick in a beef?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:39 am 
Yannick priested me and Jason as guilty, and pair investigated me as innocent.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:42 am 
or, more specifically, yannick is Pruce E. Rinkles, the sketchy priest.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:30 am 
It's also possible that pravi killed ksedlar and manipulated it to appear innocent to pair investigations, and Goose E Sinkholes is lying (right?).

Since jason has a good alibi for that death and pravi doesn't, I think it's unlikely that jason made the kill, and it'd be really weird for mafia yannick to beef jason over it. So I think the universe I suggested looks pretty likely.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:32 pm 
There is another priest claiming pravi innocent, who is confirmed different from yannick. For pravi to have made the kill, this priest has to be lying too making it a much less likely universe.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:36 pm 
There would still only have to be one lying priest. Pruce E Rinkles would be telling the truth, and Goose E Sinkholes would be lying. The only extra complexity is that the kill must have been manipulated (since pravi was innocent in a pair investigation), but I think that's simpler than jason making the kill despite his alibi or yannick being mafia and randomly beefing jason.

In this universe, Goose E Sinkholes and pravi would be bad, and everyone else involved would be good.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:22 pm 
Still both pravi and priest 2 (or both priests) have to be bad which seems to contradict the direct beef Emily and Luke had? Unless it’s possible to explain mollie being good or the beef being brtween townies.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:02 pm 
It's been pointed out to me that if luke was mafia, then jason's alibi doesn't work anymore, so the universe with luje and jasot mafia together is pretty good.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 4:26 pm 
Yeah if not for the confusion about who killed rusch I would just believe Luke and Jason are mafia buddies