Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:59 pm 
if you were a priest who had josh in one of your sets, proxy out information if your priest set triggered positive. even proxy out information if it triggered negative, so we know 4 people who didn't kill josh, probably.

also, pair investigators should use their power on josh's death, as it's getting fairly late in day. probably just investigate two random people not on the spirit search? i don't know if there's much coordination that can be done beyond that. use this thread to post proxied results for any investigations on josh's death.

for reference, here's the summary of the spirit search.
people in the search:
julian
m2w
yyao1
dcb22
lindrew
minimario
agu1
meghal
ixa
michael_ma
dgrazian

lindrew's search was used, yyao1 was the one who submitted to gms (presumably asking lindrew for the item), michael_ma got the results of the search (negative).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:06 pm 
Priests DEFINITELY should be proxying results; even negative results saying that certain people didn't kill brunnerj are very good (they can't be manipulated by mafia powers in the way investigations can). Roleblockers probably should proxy out too, unless your roleblock target was already alibied. And of course, planeswalkers planeswalking into a pair investigator, priest, or roleblocker, should proxy out.

The spirit search results are not that strong (mafia can use two of their spirit searches to make it give a random result), and are strictly weaker than confident single-player alibis. They're probably also worse than weak single-player alibis and investigation results. See this spreadsheet for color-coding of alibis: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... d=28451269

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:09 pm 
A list of people who have 0 player alibis or no alibi (i.e. are ideal to investigate):
dledesma
ellenwan
gurev
j450
jakob
jwlw2022
karengao
lumikp
michael_ma
mxwang
rachelyz
soumyar
sualeh
swapnilg
syoro
timgu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:11 pm 
michael_ma was in the spirit search?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:13 pm 
michael_ma was the one who claimed the result, so I think it's reasonable to investigate him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:17 pm 
Also, experience tells me that experienced players are more likely to make kills than new players (throughout the game). Non-new players are:
brunnerj
Daniel Grazian
gurev
ixa
jakob
Julian
ksedlar
m2w
meghal
pravinas
yyao1

The intersection of experienced players and players with bad alibis / no spirit search result on them is {gurev, jakob}. Someone should probably investigate them, but don't do that thing where everyone waits until the last minute to investigate, and thus there are a bunch of investigation collisions. >-<

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:52 pm 
Also, poke any players you know and remind them to use their powers. Everybody should be using their power every day, with the exception of vigilantes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:26 pm 
I sent messages to all the new players reminding them to follow the game and use their powers.

In person reminders are even better, though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:36 pm 
For some reason a lot of my messages didn't go through. I resent the ones that didn't.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:43 pm 
"resent" should have been re-sent. Though I guess I also resent the ones that didn't go through. :-P