Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:45 pm 
I'm starting this thread, because we should be talking about who to execute (ideally, that conversation should start earlier than this.)

I strongly advocate that:

1. We don't execute a new player today, unless we have strong reason to believe they're mafia. Being executed Day 1 really sucks for a new player.
2. We don't execute me.

Voting no-execution would be a not-terrible thing to do. And I have a mild out-of-game bias for not executing on day 1. But given the amount of investigative power we have, it's almost certainly correct to execute someone.

Post subject: Re: Discussion Day 1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:39 pm 
I am going to vote for mxwang. There is extremely minor evidence against her in terms of investigations, and I think in principle there should be discouragement for not posting alibis (otherwise mafia can get away with not posting alibis, especially new mafia). She also would have been available to make the kill, according to her intro.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:42 pm 
She's a new player, though, isn't she? I really don't like executing new players on Day 1, unless there is substantial reason to.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:45 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
She's a new player, though, isn't she? I really don't like executing new players on Day 1, unless there is substantial reason to.

i would think it's not that rude if the person is inactive (or mafia) enough to have not posted an alibi? i'm also voting for mxwang.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:47 pm 
Yeah, but over half of the game is new players, and she is slightly sketchier than anyone else. I'm not advocating that *everyone* vote for mxwang, I'm just explaining my vote in advance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:48 pm 
For what it's worth, the latest investigation seems to have negated the minimal evidence. I'm voting no lynch for today?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:51 pm 
Sure. Any remaining vote we'd have would be a last minute lynch mob on less than 1 investigation worth of bayesian update.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:55 pm 
tbf though, the 1 pair for mxwang is sketchy, since it's exactly 1 pair and not 2 as a pair should be. also, there aren't actually that many players that satisfy {not in the spirit search, bad alibi, light skinned} but anyway i guess no lynch?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:58 pm 
I am voting no-execution on principle. But I would not strongly object to votes for mxwang.

In particular, I do not think that the investigation is an update in mxwang's favor.