Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:38 pm 
I think this was manipulated by a splitter t b h

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:55 pm 

So that means that either Julian is actually mafia (probably less likely at this point), or the mafia do have a splitter on their side, right?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:56 pm 
t b h I agree

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:58 pm 
(the above was in response to pravi, who I kinda doubt is lying to get me lynched)

There is a <50% chance the mafia do not have a splitter. Given they have a splitter, it seems really likely to me that they should manipulate this. So I'm not even that surprised

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:59 pm 

Yeah. That makes sense. Kinda makes the information useless though. I still don't know who to vote for today.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:03 pm 
hm, not actually sure mafia would waste a splitter shovel mtp on someone town was already pretty sure was maf. seems weird. my gut keeps telling me to execute julian just because he's been relevant to literally all the sketchy shit this game... i agree all the cases where he's mafia are a little weird, but the case where he isn't is kinda weird too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:06 pm 
michael_ma wrote:
My Splitter Investigation today: {Julian, Jakob}-->jbrunner returns Jakob innocent.

I put this in investigation proxying as well

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:10 pm 
I also think Julian has been acting somewhat sketchy. I told him that I thought something suspicious happened with regards to gurev(the Gm kill message) and asked whether I should post it to forums and he said no, it wasn't necessary and then asked me who knew about gurev saying this. This made me do the splitter investigation.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:17 pm 
I think we should only execute Julian if there is new evidence to suggest that he's A Bad Guy. I don't think any of the current evidence is particularly compelling.

My vote is still on soumya and will be until she says anything to anyone.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:18 pm 
michael_ma wrote:
michael_ma wrote:
My Splitter Investigation today: {Julian, Jakob}-->jbrunner returns Jakob innocent.

I put this in investigation proxying as well

Well this is quite surprising. I see three possibilities:

- Jakob manipulated the kill to make himself appear innocent. A mafia planeswalker, secret admirer, or priest could all do this.
- A priest put jakob as saint and brunnerj as sinner on day 1, which would be a very reasonable thing to do
- michael_ma is lying

The third one makes more sense to me than pravi lying, for example, because this pair investigation fairly opportunistic now that pravi posted this shovel. I also don't think his reasoning afterwards makes sense. I was hesitant to advise him to post on forum because it gives significant role information to the mafia, and so neuters jack's power significantly since he can be trapped. I asked who knew to try to guess whether the mafia already knew about it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:36 pm 
Look I'm just saying Julain could killed jbrunner then jakob and lied about being vig. This also makes the kills 122 rather than 112 which seems more likely to me. I don't see why its so obvious jakob would've been manipulated by splitter. As to Julian's explanation and his response to my mention about Jack, he didn't give an explanation like that to me at the time, however now I agree more with his reasoning.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:38 pm 
michael_ma wrote:
Look I'm just saying Julain could killed jbrunner then jakob and lied about being vig. This also makes the kills 122 rather than 112 which seems more likely to me. I don't see why its so obvious jakob would've been manipulated by splitter. As to Julian's explanation and his response to my mention about Jack, he didn't give an explanation like that to me at the time, however now I agree more with his reasoning.

I assumed it was implicit at the time. Also, I definitely didn't kill brunnerj. YOUR spirit search result cleared me, I think there might have been an investigation, and I sorta had a thing with seeing that whole kill

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:50 pm 
Hmmm now I'm very confused. What are the possibilities in order of likeliness given that my splitter investigation turned jakob innocent and the spirit search turned you innocent while you claim you vig killed a mafia aligned jakob and actually lived? Can someone not Julian answer this since I'm not totally familiar with all the roles and items and I'm scared I'm getting mind fucked with rn by Julian.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:23 pm 
What we are talking about at ET is:

Julian and Jakob both have substantial evidence that they did not kill Josh Brunner. However, this is not super convincing because mafia are likely to frontload their manipulation abilities.

Julian and Jakob are in a hard beef.

Soumyar is being completely inactive and is either a difficult-to-detect mafia or a noncontributing townsperson. Executing her is safe.

Julian can and should be roleblocked so that if in fact he is evil he won't be able to kill.