Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Conspiracy Alert
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:55 pm 
At exactly 12 today, I shoveled up syoro because it seemed a little sketchy that a lying mafia member would use a shovel at all. They would have just lied and not bothered with shoveling. Looking back, also, their items did not seem out of place (especially since they did not have a counter).

Results are in, syoro was actually town priest. I am fairly certain of no splitter interference because I shoveled them up at exactly midnight.

This has strange implications for Daniel Grazian who was pretty adamant about syoro being lynched. Going off this information, Syoro did not lie about the shovel results and Julian is most likely actually sk priest. This would also mean that Julian's supposed vig kill, Jacob, was actually a town not a mafia. Also, Daniel is mafia, then it would be strange for Ixa to also be mafia.

My final conclusion is that Daniel was a mafia secret admirer. He knew he was going to die, so he decided to take down a town member with him.
_____
Final thought, the Sir Nico vs Sualeh fight is independent from this so it is hard to make a choice. On one hand, Sir Nico did die. On the other hand, why would Sualeh lie about something like this? It only drew attention toward himself. The only explanation I could think of to support sualeh's side is that Sir Nico was a secret admirer who admired Julian (just as Daniel did). Since he was going to die, he took the chance to draw attention away from lindrew's murder.

This part is much more speculatory though.

Post subject: Re: Conspiracy Alert
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:46 am 
Hmm... interesting findings! I think you're right about the syoro vs. Daniel Grazian case, but I'm still not sure about the sualeh vs. Sir Nicoeus case. Would Sir Nicoeus fabricate that entire long post if he knew that his roleblocker would intercede? It also took Sualeh a good number of hours to react and post about roleblocking Sir Nicoeus...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:32 am 
True true. Honestly, first instinct is to lynch sualeh tonight. All evidence points to him. I guess we can wait and see if he comes to defend himself.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:51 pm 
I would like to vouch for sualeh. I had a very long talk with him alone in a place where neither of us would've been suspected being and could've easily killed one another on day 6 before swapnil died and he didn't kill me. I actually think nico was maf aligned, especially for jma22 because sualeh told me they usually work out together around that time, however that one time he happened to be in mcgregor instead. This could also mean he just died of bloodlust? but I'm not too sure about that.

I'm not sure who to lynch however. I think agdawson, dledesma, and farel seem mostly fine to me since they hang out together a ton and alibi each other for kills. So this leaves dcb22, ellenwan, j450 as the inactives idk about and jwlw2022, karengao, and lumikp as the actives idk about.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:36 pm 
Sualeh is a new player, and thus less likely to make a kill anyways. Sure, he could have killed you, but perhaps the mafia already chose someone else to target. I don't think that completely exonerates Sualeh. If Sualeh is correct, this also brings into question who killed lindrew? If, in this case, Sir Nicoeus succumbed to bloodlust, killing lindrew should have saved him. So he did not kill lindrew (that is assuming he was lying).

Honestly, michael_ma, I'm pretty suspicious of you. Only one of your alibis has any basis, and a weak one at that.

That being said, we shouldn't make any decisions yet. It isn't the end of the day, and more deaths could still occur. Make sure to post your alibis everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:42 pm 
Okay to be fair I have very few good alibis, but that's because I don't hang around a lot of mafia players and had a lot of work recently. Today I freed up and read a bunch of forum posts and just talked with sualeh. Once again we're still in 2-147 after class working in case he kills me rn. I think the best bet is to try and figure out either who killed lindrew, pravinas or dcb22. I think jwlw2022 is the most suspicious. I can say for pravinas since I didn't get to post my alibi that I was playing botw on my floor the whole night until 4 AM, ask literally anybody who lives on my floor.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:00 pm 
Why haven't you offered to sign my counter. :/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:09 pm 
Oh I will sign it. In fact I would also like to do a spirit search since I have one. Do you want to gather at the death sight for today's kill at 7:00 PM?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:32 pm 
I have class. how bout earlier? 6:30?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:39 pm 
^I have to attend the Forum on the First-Year Experience at 7pm because I'm on the UA Education committee.