Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:16 pm 

I had no internet for 24 hours and I already feel pretty lost at the current status of who's suspicious and what's going on. :/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:18 pm 
julia died

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:28 am 
It appears that swapnilg, Lilychen, and jwlw2022 were all mafia aligned. Swapnilg was definitely bad (based on him having a counter when he was executed), jwlw2022 almost certainly was (based on her actions at the end of the day) and there is no reason to suspect that Lily was framed.

So it is very likely that we have killed three out of the six starting bad guys.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:42 am 
jwlw2022 also died with items there was no legitimate reason for her to have.

I think all current suspicions are resolved by lynches. Investigations should probably be saved for new kills today, because all five of the existing kills could likely have been done by someone already lynched:
-agdawson was probably swapnilg because of the mafia counter.
-jasonye was probably lilychen, because of investigations.
-vikt was probably jwlw2022: it was probably done by a mafia (as opposed to a serial killer), because lilychen shoveled as serial killer and otherwise the mafia wouldn't've used their kill that day. The mafia often like to have the same person make kills until they're caught, so the other mafia stay clean of suspicion, and jwlw2022 almost certainly made one of the day 3 kills. (This requires the spirit search to have been manipulated, which is easy.) (There are lots of ways this could break; I think it's the least certain killer identification of the five. It also might be the first mafia kill and hence the most likely one to have been manipulated, though, so still a bad one to spend investigations on.)
-agu1 was probably jwlw2022: four or five investigations implicated her.
-ksedlar was probably jwlw2022: "jw" autocorrects to "He". (This requires the spirit search to have been manipulated, which is easy.)

It's certainly possible that any of those kills wasn't the person we think, but I think investigations are better saved for today's kill(s).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:28 am 

Sweet. Thanks for the summary guys. :D looks like we’re making decent progress then. Although if achester is right, we’re gonna have to wait for more kills to continue. How likely is it that two spirit searches were manipulated? Then again, I kinda hope that is the case because it would mean that mafia are probably low on items/abilities already.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:26 am 
They've collected six coins' worth from dead people, enough to cancel one spirit search without any powers. Most mafia roles have one-shot abilities that could've manipulated one.