Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:23 pm 
I am vetoing the enveloppe idea in any incarnation. This would quintuple the amount of items that I have to deal with, and most of them are now useless. It is also highly impractical to get everyone in game in one spot to start this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:30 pm 
First off, I disagree with Enrique's proposals. His random item redistribution idea, while it would work in theory, is completely impractical since we would need to gather every player into a single location every day. As far as anonymous notes for investigations, see Chewy's last post for the reasons why this is a bad idea.

With that said, I don't want to lynch Enrique. Lynching active players this early in the game is bad policy. The biggest threat to the town is town apathy; this is not a threat with people like Enrique around. The best course of action in this case is to ignore Enrique's unworkable/bad ideas and hope that he starts improving. Enrique is really good at strategy games in general; plus, he has made it clear that he is willing to, say, go dorm to dorm to get inactive players involved in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:34 pm 
FYI: Just saw Enrique, dgrazian, Dalton, and Josh conspiring (or not conspiring, I don't know) in the staircase together. No idea what they were talking about because I'm loud and I'm not good at not being loud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:35 pm 
There's a bunch of people in BH kitchen. They wandered off to wank about Enrique's strategies or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:02 pm 
Dalton and I just talked to Lydia and found her non-sketchy. Dalton has no opinion on this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:05 pm 
D'awww thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:35 pm 
Do we have to vote for someone each day? Sorry I haven't played this before and didn't find it in the rules.
If we do I'm not yet convinced we shouldn't vote for Enrique.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:39 pm 
Some people are discussing in Foo weighing lynching Enrique and lynching an inactive player, but not someone who has not played before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:40 pm 
Note for all players new and old:
You get one vote per day, to use it you must PM me with a subject of "Day X: Foo" and anything as the body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:40 pm 
rifrim wrote:
Do we have to vote for someone each day? Sorry I haven't played this before and didn't find it in the rules.
If we do I'm not yet convinced we shouldn't vote for Enrique.

You don't have to vote each day but it's almost always a good idea. The option of voting no-lynch does exist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:41 pm 
Ok guys, something I insist on:

Announce your votes on the forum ahead of time. We do not want unpredictable lynches. Also, we've done a really bad job today with keeping a coherent discussion/lynching process. We shouldn't be determining the lynch decision at the last minute like this.

I am fine with "no-lynch" and I am fine lynching an inactive non-first-time player. About 10 of us are discussing this in foo lounge at Random right now. I personally would prefer "no-lynch", but I'm willing to go with an alternative consensus. But I don't want to lynch Enrique, and I don't want to lynch a really active or really experienced player.

Also, the mayor's "stop the clocks power" is designed specifically to give us more time when we've waited too long like this. Unfortunately, there is not enough time for us to get a mayor elected tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:42 pm 
All right, I will rally with lynching an inactive if we don't lynch Enrique.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:43 pm 
At this point I would tend to agree that voting for an inactive player is better than voting for an active player, as if the active player is mafia, there are more chances for them to slip up. I don't believe that what Enrique has said makes him look especially suspicious; rather it seems that he may not have considered all aspects of his proposal thoroughly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:43 pm 
are there mayor petitions circulating? I'm on bonfire right now and could sign and that would be convenient because I don't know if i'll make it to Random tomorrow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:44 pm 
yes One for me we can get it to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:45 pm 
kbeth, we're in Foo if you want to join.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:47 pm 
I am currently waiting for alexwest to come back from desk and then we are going to walk over to EC but I will stop by Foo on the way for a bit :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:54 pm 
Voting for Caroline because she says she plans to be inactive and doesn't mind getting lynched. And I'm not really for the Enrique option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:55 pm 
I just signed a mayoral petition for jfrisch, by the way.

Unless someone says something in the next couple minutes, I'm probably inclined to vote to not lynch anyone tonight just because it's pretty hard to pick a random person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:55 pm 
== Alex. Voting for Caroline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:57 pm 
I voted no lynch just fyi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:59 pm 
We selected Caroline rather arbitrarily as an inactive, but not first-time, player. I personally preferred to go "no lynch" on the first day, but I was pretty much alone in this opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:59 pm 
I also didn't see anything particularly suspicious in Enrique's behavior and based on Krue's summary of the excessively long meeting I plan to vote for Caroline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:00 pm 
ok, I sent in my vote for Caroline then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:00 pm 
Voted for Caroline

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2