Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on game
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:33 pm 
ooh nice, grace is now active and investigated {karen, chiller} for kenny's death!

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:19 pm 
Does anyone even know why people wanted to lynch sualeh (at least after he signed the counter)? It seems so weak compared to:
1. Having the dead person claim an NP witnessed you making a kill
2. Being one of two residents in a living group, and then a kill happening in that living group.
3. #2, except that there is also a pair investigation between you and the other resident clearing them.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:21 pm 

Town is totally asleep right now...

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:22 pm 
achester, Dgrazian, gurev, and pravinas are in a room talking while at ET. Jackie announced the day extension, interrupting the minions game.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:25 pm 
(I wouldn't've interfered with anything by telling them about the extension, except they had asked me at 11pm whether day was extended and I mistakenly answered no, so I felt obligated to correct that.)

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:26 pm 

I didn't mean asleep in a literal sense. :P Anyway, chiller voting for nico is good news. He also says

"nico is bad and should die so that town will win and everyone will be happy, only 3 baddies left, we'll find the fuxxers, and we'll tear them the fuck apart, those nasty little shits"

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:33 pm 
@Jackie, seems correct then.

RIP Nico, who would have survived the night had mafia not killed farel22.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:46 pm 

Would I? I feel like town was already heavily against me and I was going down either way. That's why I didn't try to stop mollie when she told me she was going for the kill.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:47 pm 
votes before farel's death were in favor of sualeh mostly (for some reason)

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:48 pm 
@nico you were definitely not leading the votes by 23:00 (sualeh was), and people at ET aren't voting because they are playing minions.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:48 pm 
According to the votes, sualeh would have been lynched. Farel22's accusation came out too late for people to process fully at that time.

Unrelatedly, there will be 3 SA deaths tomorrow, plus a lynch. Presumably one of gurev, syoro, or karengao will shoot m2w. If they manage to do it before m2w kills someone, that will make a day with 5 deaths, none of which were caused by a mafia-aligned player.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:54 pm 

Damn. Bad decision then. I wouldn't have survived the next day anyway. My mind was racing trying to come up with a plan but I was pretty screwed.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:55 pm 
Good game regardless. You had me going there

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:58 pm 

Yeah. You were a tough target to try to crack though. :P I could feel that some of my actions were off still, I was honest when I said I still need to grow as a manipulator. :P Also was honest that I was smiling and laughing when I read your accusation. It was great and really put me in a tough spot that I was struggling to think out of. :D

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:13 pm 
Wow, I'm reading through the mafia page and you planned on splitting town into two factions and chose me as the head of one? Bold move. Also getting me to fight against dgrazian would have been cool.

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:14 pm 
Also I like how i got a camp and dgrazian got a cult.

Anna said its very lord of the flies esque

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:19 pm 

Yeah lol. Mollie was gonna try and work on turning ET players against you guys, whilst I tried to build against dgrazian in WC. :P Didn't quite work out though cause you and him still trusted each other too much in the end, which is why we were gonna try and take you both out tomorrow XD

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:19 pm 

Also honestly, since swapnil died so early, Mollie and I did most of our planning in a Gchat. The mafia den was really mainly there for the entertainment and updates of the graveyard. :P

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:21 pm 
I'm curious about something. Who do you consider as part of my "camp"

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:24 pm 

Pretty much most West Campus players. I was thinking about trying to get most of Next involved but they were also just convenient targets for me. lol. I think the grace/kelly vote split is what most showed the divide.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:29 pm 

Oh yeah, also Farel. The reason I knew you were hiding in the anime library and didn't try to kill meilu straight away when I came to sign the mafia counter was because I had sat in the bottom of the stud for half an hour before coming up to see whether you'd leave when you said you were going to in the forum. :P I also waited in Next for a hour when I killed Anders since I genuinely had no idea when he was coming back and was worried he might be out later than 11. XD Only waited half an hour outside 26-152 to kill Daniel today though lol. If Julia is the stalker, I'm the waiter lol.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:36 pm 

Edit: Can't forget the time I waited outside in the rain for 15-20 mins to try to kill Syoro as she moved between events. I only gave up on that one because my fingers were literally going numb.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:38 pm 
respect

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:23 pm 
I'm pretty sure there were other people they were suspicious of that could've been lynched, it def seemed to me that someone else was on lynching block until farel died

Sir Nicoeus wrote:
Would I? I feel like town was already heavily against me and I was going down either way. That's why I didn't try to stop mollie when she told me she was going for the kill.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:55 pm 
Also, mafia can sprinkle in some NPs who lie and implicate townies. An NP claiming to give information is about as likely to be lying. (When Daniel Grazian and I, who are used to that, heard news of the NP claim, we just ignored it.)

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:53 am 

Sir Nicoeus wrote:
Oh yeah, also Farel. The reason I knew you were hiding in the anime library and didn't try to kill meilu straight away when I came to sign the mafia counter was because I had sat in the bottom of the stud for half an hour before coming up to see whether you'd leave when you said you were going to in the forum. :P I also waited in Next for a hour when I killed Anders since I genuinely had no idea when he was coming back and was worried he might be out later than 11. XD Only waited half an hour outside 26-152 to kill Daniel today though lol. If Julia is the stalker, I'm the waiter lol.

Dang it Nico! No wonder none of your friends trust you in Mafia. I was surprised you didn't try to manipulate me after that meeting. I trusted you more than anyone except Farel22 at that point.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:42 am 
We surely would have worked through the truth the next day, but I definitely didn't think at the time that a last-minute np claim was worth anything. I was still going to execute sualeh, and I think sualeh would have gotten the most votes.

When farel22 died last minute though I switched to thinking that it was a desperation kill by Sir Nico. (I was quite surprised to learn that it was actually Mollie who made the kill -- though it sounds like the fact that Sir Nico thought he was dying was a motivating factor?)

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:13 am 
Yeah, I thought this was the last night we were going to have two mafia, and therefore the last night we could scheme. Mafia wasn't in good shape anyway, so being outed for it seemed not substantially worse than just being super suspected.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:13 am.

Report this post