Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: DM Announcements
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:14 am 
If dylanhen is a player, lukesci is his body double for Saturday and Sunday. (In general, if any non-remote player leaves the area, they will have a body double posted. But if a remote player has a body double, that body double is not public.)

Post subject: Re: DM Announcements
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:51 am 
Remote players are weird; they literally don't have physical bodies in this plane of existence! If you want to figure out how to locate them, maybe you want to figure out where their souls are...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:38 pm 
Wilderness exploration is now up and ready to produce results! It might be a bit before I get mafia.mit.edu/keyword updated with everything; in the mean time, feel free to query schedules / items / spells / crafting just via messaging DMs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:17 pm 
Dungeon clues that are pictures were taken from inside the dungeon; these pictures CAN be showed to other players, unlike normal electronic evidence.

You can save your gold, in case that was not clear.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:15 pm 
Using mafia.mit.edu/keyword to look up items or spells still doesn't work. I'm sorry; I'm DMing as fast as I can. I will update when it does work (probably tomorrow morning after I can use everyone else being asleep as a time to fill it out.) In the mean time, message me if you would want to do a lookup.

To clarify the Magic stat: It represents how many levels of spells you can cast each day. So if your Magic is 5, you could cast 5 levels of spells today, 5 levels of spells tomorrow, etc. Casting spells today does not reduce your ability to cast spells in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:54 pm 
Reminder that communication limitations apply to all forums, not just Monster Manual.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:53 pm 
Each player, by default, has one inspiration vote. It's just that rather than the publicly listed votes being done by player, they are listed by username.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:58 pm 
I have been trouble attaching images to pms, so I have just gchatted everyone their clues. Let me know if it has been a while since you asked for a clue and you still don't have one.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:08 pm 
Reminder: communication limitations do not apply to pms, real life interactions, or any ability to communicate electronically that you might have found

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:05 am 
Some people have been asking me, "What happens if you give an item to an NP?" This is a great question, from a "finding a reasonable ruling" perspective. If it destroys the item, then you can destroy items that way; if it just fails, then people have a free incant for getting large updates about who is an NP. So, here is my weird answer: If you give an item to an NP, it basically throws away the item into the void until the end of the day, at which point the item returns to you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:48 am 
Some things in mafia.mit.edu keyword are updated now! Yay!

If you would like to query X's schedule, just search introX, where X is what I refer to them by on the forum playerlist (the email I sent has some minor differences) E.g. my schedule would be "introksedlar". If the lookup fails, then that probably means that that person isn't playing. Remote players will have a schedule of "remote remote remote". Remember that if you have an attack ability available on a day, you can look up 1 schedule that day.

If you would like to look up the description / id of an item gained via wilderness exploration, you can now do that. Crafting still isn't up, but it's something!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:02 am 
If you think someone's schedule sucks, poke me and I will poke them to update it.

If Dylanhen is a player, he is back in game and lukesci is no longer his body double.

I will be going to sleep now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:35 pm 
To the multiple people who have asked me all of these questions:

Spells that say "target player" and don't mention an incant can be remotely cast by pming DMs.

Spells don't stack unless they say otherwise.

Dungeon clues can be faked

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:38 pm 
Keyword is now updated with most spells and items! Yay! There are still some particular things missing though, and crafting is still not updated. Also, looking up spellbooks is not yet functional; you can only read what a spell from a spellbook does if you could cast that spell.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:54 pm 
If you were trying to attack someone earlier and their schedule was shitty, I have poked them, and some schedules have been updated. Feel free to re-check someone's schedule if you queried it earlier.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:08 am 
Spell lookups haven't actually been displaying whether something is a lasting spell effect or whether it is one day only. Ask if you're unsure in the mean time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:43 am 
Poison does not affect non-living players.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:55 am 
To some people who have had something affect their max hp: I forgot to include that in HP totals at day start. It is updated now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:11 am 
Reminder that keyword still doesn't have crafting, and if you want to make crafting queries, you should ask me directly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:09 pm 
Reminder that you cannot read spellbooks if you have a magic stat of 0; you just know that they teach you the listed spell. You also cannot read a spellbook if that spell's alignment is opposite yours (i.e. good if you are evil and vice versa); keyword doesn't have this working for spellbooks right now, so ask me to check.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:38 pm 
Out of game, my keyboard is kind of broken and will randomly omit or double "y"s. If you see a message from me with weird "y"s, that is why. It is not some mechanical effect.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:40 pm 
Please keep track to make sure that you
1. aren't doing a schedule lookup unless you have an attack ability for the day
2. are appropriately decrementing your gold when you purchase something in the shop (similarly, if you attempt to buy something from the shop, but don't have the gold, I will probably not catch this, so message me if you're trying to do it)
3. are not using the trust mechanic for more than 3 people

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:24 pm 
I'm going to *try* to take a nap, because I'm very sleep deprived. I'll be back by 9:30 or so.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:01 pm 
Day rollover will take a while to process (Pravi is not around). Please don't wait at the edge of your seats or anything

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:04 pm 
Also all the wilderness explorations will get processed, it might just take a while

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:35 pm 
For spells that say, "incant X", you cast the spell when you use the incant. Yyou cannot use charges on future days.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:03 am 
I think I accidentally lied about vampiric touch to some people earlier; it is a lasting spell effect, not a "that day only" effect. Sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:51 am 
It's the moment you've all been waiting for... CRAFTING IS WORKING ON KEYWORD! Remember that if you're crafting e.g. ju8475 and mn7214, you need to do the query in alphabetical order, i.e. "ju8475+mn7214" and not "mn7214+ju8475"

Also some items that weren't on keyword are now there. Unfortunately, spellbooks and wilderness guides still don't quite work, in that you have to manually ask me what alignment a spellbook is to figure out if you can read it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:05 am 
There was also an error where some notes (e.g. whether something was a lasting spell effect) weren't present on spells. Recheck your spells if you are not sure about their properties.

Also, as a clarification, if a spell that remotely targets a non-player, or a spell that doesn't work on non-living roles targets someone with a non-living role, it just silently fails. Spells aren't incants, unless they specifically say to do an incant.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:23 am 
It turns out I got confused about my dungeons, and accidentally made Chambers of the Betrayed and Ethereal Maze point at the same location. If you received a clue for Chambers of the Betrayed PRIOR to day 4, it's actually a clue for the Ethereal Maze. If you received a clue for River of the Unreal, that dungeon name no longer exists, and the clues point to the new Chambers of the Betrayed.