Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Murder Day 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:36 pm 
The late Steven Valdez was found on the fourth floor of the Student Center at 8:28 PM today. There was a bullet hole in his left nostril. I don't know how the coroner could tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:36 pm 
Well, this is interesting.

Anyone know what groups Steven was part of?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:43 pm 
no, but I do know that an ESP meeting was going on at this time which I know I was not a part of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:54 pm 
Josh, do you happen to know who was at the meeting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:56 pm 
I've been in a GM meeting for HP7.2 for the last hour or so. Rosser, pweaver, ariels and Jake can all vouch for that. Who would have been around the 4th floor of the student center at the time? An ESP meeting was mentioned. I don't know exactly who all is in ESP.

Also, Jacobi, to quote the rules, "For the game, a location is specified as a room if indoors". The fourth floor of the student center is a pretty large space. Any chance we can get a more specific location? It might help us determine whether it's more likely that he was killed by, say, someone from ESP or someone from APO (since their offices are on opposite ends of the fourth floor).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:15 pm 
The location was in the central common area of the 4th floor of W20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:19 pm 
I was watching Glee in Maseeh 3rd floor lounge... I don't even know what those groups stand for.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:24 pm 
Sorry, I was just using that as an example of why it might be useful to specify where on the 4th floor the murder occurred, not actually suggesting that we should restrict our suspicions to people in one of those student groups, but the kill was in the middle of the floor, so it's not really that helpful. Pretty much anyone looking for a quiet place to eat could've done it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:29 pm 
gary wang, Molly K and Gaurav were all probably there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:30 pm 
as a result, I would default towards lynching one of them, though I don't have a large preference about whom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:55 pm 
I talked to a non-player who went to the ESP meeting (Priya Garg) and she said that Molly wasn't there and Gary might have been (it was her first ESP meeting and she doesn't recognize people all that well).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:01 pm 
I was in my room in EC, psetting. Forever. Since I got out of class at five. NPs can vouch.

Also, sorry I forgot to vote yesterday! I have been psetting... Luckily things are due tonight, so I should be more active now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:07 pm 
Also, I was at 6.01 office hours and there's a TA and at least a couple of other people who can vouch for that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:08 pm 
I take minutes for ESP, and was in the room continuously from 8pm to 10pm (I'm still here...HSSP directing.) anyone in ESP can attest to this. I didnt know the guest who was there, I doubt she knew me (Priya). I was sitting in the back corner quiet with a computer because minutes. Gary and Garav was also in the office, though I wasn't watching them the whole time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:28 pm 
I can confirm Gary and Molly were at ESP, and I didn't notice anyone leaving during the meeting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:42 pm 
Guys, what's ESP? Seriously.

I'm going to bed now (its one of those weeks) so I'll vote no lynch as to not mess with the vote. Goodnight all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:45 pm 
Does anyone know about APO people? Like, who had office hours or just felt like hanging around for sketchy reasons?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:47 pm 
ESP is MIT's Educations Studies Program which is a club devoted to the instilling of a love of learning in middle and high school students.

APO is Alpha Pi/Phi Omega which is a service fraternity. Co-Ed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:00 pm 
First, I was dancing with Tech Squares the whole time and did not see anything of merit.

I would guess Lizrita would have been at Squares if she were not hosed, so I doubt she is the murderer. The Assassin's Guild office is also up there, but I can't think of any reason for the people playing this game to go there.

It sounds like the ESP people have each other covered, unless there are multiple mafia. It would be nice if someone could vouch for the APO people, but I'm inclined to think this is someone who is not involved in a group but knows about ESP meetings, because that seems like the perfect way to throw off suspicion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:05 pm 
manipulate the press also a possibity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:11 pm 
It's getting too near midnight for my comfort. Does anyone want to get behind lynching an inactive for tonight and discussing more tomorrow? I need to get back to studying for 18.06.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:13 pm 
Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock....

Who's guilty? No-one knows. Well... I know.

Who's in trouble? Even I can't wait to find out. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:14 pm 
We have more information than lyncing an inactive is worth.

We should pick someone out that fits more or less a good theory of Steven's death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:19 pm 
Okay, who can we settle on?
No one has given me any info on the APO people at the office today, so that is shot.
Assassin's Guild does seem unlikely.
ESP people are vouching for each other.
What else is on the 4th floor of the Student Center?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:20 pm 
Assassin's Guild: Krue was in a meeting for HP7 there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:20 pm 
Also, dgrazian has admitted to passing through to ESP ~8:10 to get a cookie before going to an interview.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:22 pm 
She didn't mention the GM meeting was at the office, but I'm willing to get behind lynching krue since I think she is also in APO (if I remember correctly).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:23 pm 
I was not in the Guild office. The GM meeting was in building 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:23 pm 
I don't think it was anyone in a meeting at the 4th floor. I think that someone passing through killed Steven, as they knew that the risk was really low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:25 pm 
I'm personally not super aware of dgrazien's usual cookie-nabbing habits, but I'm not too comfortable with lynching a more experienced player early, unless someone has strong evidence for it. It also seems to be too late to ask for an investigator to help us out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next