Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 1:35 pm 
GMs (well, me and meghal) feel that game has gotten a bit stale, and possibly want to meme day 7. What do people think of this?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 2:29 pm 
Bad. I want game to continue.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 3:34 pm 
Same as m2w.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:40 pm 

I propose game ends at 3am after day rollover, and memes begin at 9am tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:54 pm 
The most important thing is that the end of game is well-defined. I have certain things I want to be the case at the very end of game, but are annoying to have be the case before that. Whatever happens, I want it to be very clear what "counts" as the end of the game for the purpose of tallying points.

If game officially ends tonight but memes happen tomorrow, I would want to confirm the following for the purposes of actual goals:
- Goals that check end game state would check it immediately after the lynch tonight
- No one will be able to ever sell any items again
- There is no point on bidding on the shopkeyper, because no one will ever possess it
- There is no point in having any gold or cards at day rollover
- If someone has an empty library at the end of the day, they would not count as being exiled because day 7 does not begin.

Similarly if game were to end at 3 am after day 7 start, I would want to know if there is just no day 7 lynch or something, and confirm that goals check game end state at exactly 3 am day 7.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:21 pm 
I will not be doing day 7 memes. Game will end as normal.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:03 pm 
These were the planned day 7 memes, btw:

Day 7 Shop???

Every day, we stray further from Bolas.

Many strange things have been happening near the closed-down shop recently. Run-down and infested with rats ever since the shopkeeper's untimely demise, it has become a gathering place for all sorts of strange beings. All sort of sketchy characters have been spotted there, whispering of old gods long forgotten.

Keys have been popping up again, as the plane mends from being ripped up by Bolas's portal. Untold amounts of power resides in these keys: the power to open doors between planes, allowing for travel between them. Last night, one such key, the Shopkeyper, was auctioned off to a mysterious cloaked figure; probably just the Dimir.

There is no shop. There will never be a shop again.

Everyone gets a copy of Omae wa mou Shindeiru. No one can say "No" today.

Sent privately to random players:
Serial Killer (1):
- You hear a voice in your dreams promising you power beyond your greatest dreams, for the price of just a little blood. You try to ignore it, but its persistentence breaks you.
--- +9 points per person you kill before 17:00. +5 points per person you kill after 17:00 (they do not need to be dead at end of game).

Gatewatch (2):
- Your new faith in the old gods have reawakened a spark of resistance within you.
--- You may choose to rejoin the Gatewatch. If you do, you lose all Bolas and Gatewatch aligned goals, gain 20 points, get +5 points per Bolas-aligned player dead at end of game, and get +10 points if Bolas is dead at end of game.

Emrakul (1):
- Emrakul has made you her agent, the herald of her coming to Ravnica. But first, you must test the waters to see if Ravnica is ready for her.
--- You get +10 points. You get -N^2 points, where N is the number of people alive at end of game who you do not incant on today. Whenever you incant on a player, they are told a random point between 15-30 minutes later that they lose 1 point, but are not told why.

Undead Hunter (1):
- All these undead roaming around have been making you increasingly uncomfortable, and it's time you take matters into your own hands.
--- Once today, you may ask GMs for a list of all undead players. +10 points per undead player you kill.

Penguin (1):
- You picked up a hat, and now you're a penguin. Or something. And as we all know, penguins hate bears.
--- You get +20 points. Five times per day, you may incant "Bear investigation" on target player. They must tell you whether they're a bear. You get -5 points per bear alive at end of game. A bear is a creature with power and toughness 2/2, or a planeswalker with 2 loyalty.

Sent to Bolas (sammyluo):
Bolas (1):
- An old god is coming to usurp your throne. You must defend your recent conquest.
--- +20 points if you kill Emrakul.

Sent to Johnny/Jenny (Linus):
Spike (1):
- Spending so much time on Ravnica has jaded you. You have lost all your creativity, and now only you care about being ruthlessly efficient.
--- +2 points per development you submit that the GMs consider, but ultimately reject (so basically, it cannot be very obviously bad).