Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:35 am 

Since this is a contentious point, I thought I'd compile the evidence for and against into one place for people to evaluate:

Points in favour:
3 first day kills (mafia + scheme +SK is possible though)
A shovel showing swapnilg as a mafia vig (according to agu1)
A seer claims clhong is a vig (reported by ixa)

Points Against:
Investigator cc46 claims that {clhong, alexjli} -> swapnilg = clhong (Agu1 and I have both publicly claimed to be part of the proxy chain)
Swapnilg supposedly claimed to clhong that he was an SK (seems too convenient. Saying I plead human should not reveal this info)

Any thoughts on any situations that can make all the evidence valid. Alternatively if not, it likely means that someone is lying, can we surmise who from this chain is that would result in info matching up. The main problem right now seems to be the claim by investigator cc46.

Personally the most likely scenario that I see is that clhong did commit the vig kill but was on someone's priest's lists as a saint, and swapnilg was a sinner. Hence she appeared not guilty for the investigation. If this is what happened and you are the priest, then you would've already lost your role power so please come forward publicly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:50 am 
Given the contentious nature of cc46's investigation, if no priest comes forward, then I think we should follow the proxy chain back up publicly. This is exactly the sort of situation where it's useful to track information sources?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:53 am 

I don't want to delve too far into extreme theories, but it could have been a mafia priest that was triggered? They certainly wouldn't have expected this kill to occur and wouldn't want to step forward in order to maximize confusion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:13 am 

If agu1 is right about the possibility of a mafia priest though. Then tracing the chain back is a net negative for town if a PI is exposed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:18 am 
I think this investigation is sufficiently sketchy? It doesn't really make sense to investigate swapnil's death if a murderer has literally confessed; It doesn't give any information and just serves to confuse town (esp since the other person in the pair has a player-confirmed alibi?)