Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Murder Day 4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:13 pm 
The Corpse of C-Rock was discovered this evening at 7:57 in the Grier Room of 34-4. The corpse was slightly charred and pieced with some sort of trident-like object. Passersby noted a faint smell of brimstone in the air...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:25 pm 
Balls. Anyone know what she was doing up there/who else might've been around? Also, investigators should go check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:26 pm 
I believe Course 6 was having a chinese food dinner thing? Or, info session is a likely possibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:27 pm 
Demons?! Now what are we supposed to do...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:27 pm 
Go check it out if you're in the area and see if the killer's being dumb and still hanging around at whatever event it is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:28 pm 
But yeah, the study break was in Grier, starting at 7:30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:28 pm 
But yeah, the study break was in Grier, starting at 7:30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:31 pm 
I can go, but I am far away and an hour has passed. Course 6 breaks are short.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:39 pm 
So the obvious question is, which players would be at a course 6 study break?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:42 pm 
Jayson, absolutely. He goes to those whenever he is around there, and he is on campus at open problem session.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:43 pm 
krue wrote:
So the obvious question is, which players would be at a course 6 study break?
To which the obvious answer would be, those who are Course 6 and those who are shameless enough to take free food from other people's study breaks :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:56 pm 
Well that's a shame Colleen won't be making it to the potluck tomorrow...

By the way: I'll be bringing rump roast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:57 pm 
Scanning the introduction list...

People taking at least one course 6 class:
Lydia
AustinFathman
Alex Arkhipov
Lizrita
Raluca
Gary Wang
Gaurav
Dontony
MattSusskind
Jaysonl
Dalton Allan
Elizabeth Attaway

Of these, people taking large num course 6 classes (not just 6.01):
Gary Wang
MattSusskind
Jaysonl
Elizabeth Attaway
(Alex is taking a grad course 6 class, but he's not here, so not listing him)

Alibi time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:29 pm 
Lol I haven't left ET today. You can ask anyone here. I've been playing vidya and working on CMS.100 (which is the same thing). Also, I've been paying less attention to free food since becoming vegan, since it usually ends in disappointment anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:44 pm 
Noted, although I'm more asking about the people on the short list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:45 pm 
I wasn't there, I was at quizbowl practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:48 pm 
Where is quiz bowl practice and who could vouch for you being there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:26 pm 
I was still in the APO office after the pledge meeting. Jacobi was there too but I don't think he can vouch. Tencate left the office around that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:35 pm 
A heads-up for people:
Adam and I are going to be part of a continuous 3-day LARP in New Hampshire this weekend (eat, sleep, exist in character for 3 days), so we won't be able to check the internets save for maybe a couple of minutes while no one is awake and we can sneak off to the out-of-game room. We leave tomorrow from 3-5ish and get back Sunday late afternoon. Try not to lynch us while we are gone? We A) won't be able to defend ourselves on the forums and B) cannot kill anyone but eachother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:36 pm 
I am stuck in a GM meeting. Is any discussion happening IRL? I would like to know what's going on, if anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:12 pm 
I'm going to bed now. With no leads, looks like I'm not voting tonight. I trust you fellow town, find the mafia!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:17 pm 
I was at Open Problem Session for 6.851 from 6 to after 8pm and did not leave. Andrea and Travis can vouch for this. I did not go to the course 6 study break and thus cannot have killed C Rock.

Jayson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:19 pm 
My investigator has not given me an inspection result for the day yet. I have tried to contact him/her both by pm and by text but I haven't gotten a response yet.

Since nobody has suggested anything yet, I'm going to suggest we lynch Jayson Lynch. Alcor has emphasized that he definitely would have been at the Course 6 study break where c-rock was killed, and it strikes me as a little odd that he advocated lynching Abby for pretty much no reason (I think) the day before she was killed.

Anyway, I've asked my investigator to investigate Jayson Lynch for c-rock's death. If that comes up negative, I'll de-suggest him.

I am up in bonfire lounge. Come get me if you need anything. My uber-hosage will be over tomorrow at noon (when the 6.046 takehome exam is due.) My main game-plan then is to make sure we're discussing the game, and in particular who to lynch, earlier in the day. Making these decisions so shortly before midnight is not good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:21 pm 
Can Andrea please confirm Jayson's claim. By Travis, to you mean Travis Hance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:25 pm 
I believe Andrea is asleep and has an exam tomorrow.

Travis is the Travis who lives in Random and is taking 6.851. Erik Demaine could also vouch for me and even has a list of attendees. You could also ask the 6.851 TA or TB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:33 pm 
Well, if Jayson didn't do it, I am running low on ideas. Anyone have lab near there; any people currently taking EE classes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:35 pm 
Look up, I made a list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:36 pm 
I just talked to Travis to see if he could verify Jayson's claim. Travis said that yes, Jayson was problem solving with him and that he does not remember him leaving during the middle of the problem solving session.

However, Travis said that they ended their problem solving session at "around 8:00" and that Travis was back at Random by 8:20. They were working in Stata, and if "around 8:00" means "several minutes before 8:00", Jayson could easily have gone over to the Course 6 study break by 7:57.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:37 pm 
Never mind, my investigator says that Jayson Lynch did not kill c-rock. Do not lynch him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:39 pm 
Elizabeth Attaway has been lurking on the forum without posting anything. I would be suspicious of her at this point.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next