Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mafia Counter
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:25 pm 

Hi all,

A mafia counter has been bouncing around this game. As some of you know, this was originally my item. I gave it to brunnerj to get signatures, it went to his killer, to cjq, to karen and then I finally reclaimed it this morning. Since then, I have collected signatures on it, so that it now contain the signatures of 8 living players total. There are 13 players remaining.

What this means is that is that unless 3 deaths happen today (which should be impossible if we are correct in our assessment of the game so far), and all 3 happen to be from the select 8, then the counter should be valid until tomorrow.

I intend to use it immediately after today's lynch for instant feedback on how accurate our selection was. Tomorrow the serial killer, very likely, will be able to kill again. To avoid confusing murders that can be attributed to 2 people, we should aim to get hopefully the last mafia (brunnerj's killer) tonight. The top two suspects seem to be dgrazian and aok, and I think that splitter investigations should be used for this.

I also publicly ask that people who have tasers, such as (alexjli and aolsen) lend me one to potentially protect myself until day end, so that I can use this counter.

Post subject: Re: Mafia Counter
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:36 pm 
lock on reinvestigating aok & dgrazien w/ a splitter, because I don't trust cc46.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:11 pm 

The counter should have signatures from ixa, bebr117, aok, Sir Nicoeus, agu1, aolsen0, karengao and two corpses. One of these people should receive the result at 11:30. Please publicise here and hold each other accountable.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:31 pm 

I have not received the result.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:33 pm 

agu1 wrote:
I have not received the result.

Neither have I

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:37 pm 
I have not recieved the result

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:53 pm 

I have not received the result

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:57 pm 
I have not either.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:12 pm 

So according to Karen, there should be 1 mafia player left. :D This means we were probably right about dgrazian. Also, this last player is likely an SK. My guess is that they killed m2w. (If we attribute the deaths of Julian to Cjq and brunnerj to dgrazian).

Since every one was cleared for this, the SK is likely a splitter. Hence if you know anyone who is a splitter, this is the time to question them about their daily sets.

Alternatively, the SK could still be responsible for Julian's death. In which case, they can be anything but there is a smaller suspect pool consisting of me, aolsen0 and karengao. Of course, they could always be a splitter and Julian's killer which makes everyone a suspect again.

I'm personally leaning towards the former explanation. Thoughts or info from anyone else?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:19 pm 

I think the first explanation is far more plausible. In this instance there is a very small subject pool since almost everyone has a strong alibi for that kill. In his case aok seems like the most likely subject.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:23 pm 
I think it's very likely there's a mafia aligned splitter, because there have been splitter investigations where no splitter has proxied them out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:38 pm 
I think it's important to note that CJ suggested we focus investigations on the Julian kill (viewtopic.php?f=465&t=7150So), which I think makes it less likely that he/dgrazian was guilty for the kill. (This could be because the sk made the kill or mafia made the kill and then priested it via cjq; I think the latter is more likely). I do agree that I think the sk is a splitter/priest who killed m2w; This is a small set of possibilities.

Also, we had the splitter confusion earlier in the game; This could be a result of splitter sk trying to get into contact with the mafia by fudging the sets a little and hoping mafia notice? (viewtopic.php?f=465&t=7162)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:54 pm 

ixa wrote:
Also, we had the splitter confusion earlier in the game; This could be a result of splitter sk trying to get into contact with the mafia by fudging the sets a little and hoping mafia notice? (viewtopic.php?f=465&t=7162)

Valid point. In this case bebr117 becomes the most suspicious.