Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Discussion Day 7
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:14 am 
Look at this new discussion thread, isn't it pretty?

Anyway, I have another GM meeting from noon to midnight-ish, so I won't be available for in person discussion today, but again, I'll be lurking on the forums pretty constantly, so please actually post here, both for my sake and for those who can't be at Random *all the time* for our lynch mobs.

To start off discussion, I just want to say that I would be really interested to see Gravedigger results from Enrique's corpse. I've heard at least two or three other people express some amount of agreement with this plan, although I would love to hear other people's thoughts on whether we should do it. We don't know if the Gravedigger is even alive at this point, but the longer we wait to use their power, the more likely it is that they won't be, and this seems like as good a chance as any to see if we're going in the right direction or if we're completely off track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:58 pm 
I agree with Krue here. I think it would be REALLY nice to see if we actually got a Mafia member. I hope we did.

(PREFROSHSHHSHSHSHHSHSHSHHSHLINGGGGGSSS ARE COMINGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! just in case I haven't squeed to all of you in person yet today :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:59 pm 
If you are for Gravedigging Enrique, you need to be able to answer a simple question: What will you do differently in the cases where Enrique is found to be Mafia or Townie (or Ironheart)?

Unless you can answer this, you're wasting the limited use of the power simply on curiosity.

Is there anyone you'd think is more likely to be Mafia if Enrique is found to be Mafia? Would him being town change your opinions of other players?

I'll give a potential answer. The theory that Enrique killed Alcor and framed Tom requires that Enrique is Mafia. A gravedigging can check this. If you no longer believe that Frame and Innocent was used on Alcor, then either Daniel or his Investigator is Mafia (or conscription, which is really unlikely). This would matter a lot.

So please tell me: Would finding out that Enrique is not Mafia shift your belief away from Frame an Innocent being used on Alcor's kill? Or would you just say that someone else framed Tom?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:00 pm 
**Note: I just sent this message as an email to all living players, except for incematt, whose email I couldn't find.**

Hi everybody,

This email is meant for living players who haven't been actively involved in the live action mafia game. Please do the following things:

1. Check the forum. Read up on everything you have missed. Private message anybody you want clarifications from. GET INVOLVED IN THE GAME. The biggest asset to the mafia is town apathy.

2. If you are investigator, we've really been missing you in this game. Read the forum to see what I mean, but the first thing you should do is go to 34-3 to "become familiar with" Alcor's murder and private message Jacobi asking "Did Tom kill Alcor?" Get a proxy and have him/her put the result on the forum.

3. If you are gravedigger, grave-dig Enrique. We want to know for sure what role he was.

4. Please start posting on the forum and getting involved in the game. Read the forum multiple times every day. Post your thoughts. Get involved in the game. Otherwise, the mafia will probably win.

Daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:01 pm 
also.... right before he died, Enrique accused several people of being Mafia. If he was Mafia does it change what we think about that information?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:03 pm 
I think it does. If he was mafia, then those people he accused are probably innocent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:06 pm 
but... if he *wasn't* Mafia, then how would he know who the Mafia was, so wouldn't they be innocent anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:26 pm 
Just 2 cents: This whole game is shaped around the concepts of misdirection and convincing lies. Don't assume innocents speak truth and mafia lies. Almost nothing can be proven in this game. Don't assume anything.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]