Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Discussion Day 9
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:45 am 
Thought I'd start the thread. Because I'm cool like that 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:02 pm 
Lynch krue.

Krue is a Mafia who is either falsely acting as investigator or is a conscripted investigator.

Krue got Tom, the Saint, a proven innocent, lynched with her claim to have Investigated that Tom killed alcor. I hesitated to mob to lynch her then due to the somewhat plausible theory that Enrique killed Alcor and framed Tom in order to dodge suspicion as the only other player in B5.

Now that the Gravedigging has revealed that Enrique was innocent, this theory is discredited. A Mafia not in B5 would have no reason to waste their once-per-game Frame an Innocent power to frame Tom, as they would not be suspected since anyone could have come to gamespace then. The conclusion is that Krue lied about the investigation result.

I have a secondary reason to suspect Krue. It is that Dalton being Mafia pretty much implies that Krue is Mafia, and I believe Dalton was Mafia, as does the collective based on yesterday's vote.

Krue came to Dalton on Day 1, telling her that she is Investigator, and asking her to be her proxy. Given this, I cannot imagine a Mafia Dalton would not conscript her. It's just like last game when Krue told Dalton she was Ironheart, and he conscripted her for it. Krue is a superb player, and with her being the Investigator, a power role, coming to Dalton to reveal her identity in secret, on Day 1 -- that is just a ridiculously ideal circumstance for Dalton to conscript Krue.

In conclusion, Krue is Mafia, lynch her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:15 pm 
To clarify, the setup was that Krue had Dalton as her proxy investigator, who had Daniel as a secondary proxy and Daniel announced results. Daniel, Dalton, Krue, Josh, and I knew of the setup. Of course, in retrospect, this setup was bogus and used by the Mafia to announce wrong results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:41 pm 
Yeah, I figured this was going to happen. Well, the cat's out of the bag. Hi, forum. I'm an investigator. I don't know whether Alex is mafia or not, but either way, he's wrong. I would like to point out some major flaws in his argument.

Why the hell would I start a lynch mob against Dalton if we were both mafia?
I suggested to both Jfrisch and Dgrazian (before they had voiced suspicions to me) that I thought Dalton was being a sketchy motherfucker, and gave them my reasoning for this suspicion, that being that he'd been giving me much less logical thoughts on who to investigate since the second no kill day, making me think he was conscripted.

Also, if Dalton was mafia, after I told Dalton on Day 1 that I was Investigator:

1) why the hell wouldn't he just kill me?
and
2) if he had conscripted me, why would I continue to claim investigator to other people (Dgrazian and eventually Jfrisch and Alex), knowing that being a mafia member claiming to be investigator from day 1 is just asking to get yourself lynched?

Also, this is not at all "just like last game". Conscripting an Ironheart is a good move, since you can't kill them. Conscripting an Investigator day 1 is stupid because it uses up your power and you could simply kill them instead.

Also, if I were mafia, why wouldn't I have killed anyone yesterday, if I'm such a good mafia player? There was a party on Bonfire, which would've been the perfect opportunity to shank pretty much anyone, since there were so many mafia players around at the time that it would be difficult to trace it back to the killer.

Actually, looking at all these logic flaws, I'm really starting to think Alex might actually be mafia. It would make perfect sense. Get the active townies to trust you, lead lynch mobs against other people with logic that almost works but really doesn't if you squint at it hard enough.

Here is a complete list of my investigations and results, in case people decide to lynch me:

Day 1: No kill, couldn't do anything.
Day 2: Investigated Dgrazian for the murder of Steven Valdez. Negative.
Day 3: Lizrita for AbbyC's murder. Negative.
Day 4: Jaysonl for c-rock's murder. Negative.
Day 5: Tom for Alcor's murder. Positive.
Day 6: AustinFathman for c-rock's murder. Negative.
Day 7: Molly for Lydia's murder. Positive.
Day 8: didn't investigate because I was a derp and busy with a tabletop run, then partying, and forgot to investigate, since there hadn't been a murder and I had no real leads so I was waiting for a new murder to investigate, but it never happened. Sorry.

If anyone has any suspicions about who might've committed today's murder, let me know. Alibis are also good.

Speaking of alibis, I will admit mine isn't all that great. At the time of the murder, I was either dealing with cycling a crapton of laundry in Random Hall basement or back in my room folding said laundry. I don't use the staircase that goes past where the murder happened when I'm doing laundry (for those of you who know the layout of Random, I use the back staircase instead because it's faster and less likely that I'll get distracted by people and end up not finishing laundry). I know this really isn't a decent alibi, but it's the truth, and if I were mafia, why the hell would I tell you I was that close to the murder site, and also why the hell would I be stupid enough to kill someone that close to where I live?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:21 pm 
Krue didn't start the lynch mob against Dalton. I and others been getting it going for a while. Krue was suggesting after midnight yesterday that maybe we shouldn't lynch Dalton, while heaping suspicion on Josh at the same time. Krue only went along with the mob hesitantly because it would be sketchy not to, and tried to turn back when she could.

Actually, the fake investigator thing has worked really well for Mafia. A Mafia in a position of trust and power that can claim whatever they want is basically gg. Krue even got the Medkit and would still have it if not for my stubborn insistence to get it back. Sorry, Krue, you had just got luck-screwed with the Saint thing. That gave us this chance to turn around the game.

Anyway, Krue, care to explain why you got the Saint lynched?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:35 pm 
Day 9: Investigated Gaurav for Jfrisch's murder and the result was negative.

Well, Dgrazian agrees with Alex, meaning I'm probably going to get lynched tonight, since it's pretty much impossible to argue against their combined awesome. At this point I'm not sure if they're both mafia and leading a blind town around by the nose, one of them is mafia and laughing at the other one, or both are innocent and I need to start applauding whoever is actually mafia for stumping them so badly.

Sorry for being a useless investigator, guys. I guess I can feel better knowing that at least one of them is dead for certain (two positive investigations still equals at least one mafia even if Frame an Innocent is used on one). If you're going to lynch me, go ahead. It's probably for the best, since I have a bunch of shit to get done this week anyway. I'm going to be busy for pretty much the entire night, so I don't know if I'll be around for last minute discussion later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:48 pm 
You're right, I did get luck-screwed on the Saint thing, but for the exact opposite reason from what you're claiming. I got the Saint lynched because I got a positive investigation result for him. I'm 99% sure that Frame an Innocent was used, and you're barking up the wrong tree. Annoyingly, this also means that now the town is going to lynch its own investigator, so kudos to the mafia on that.

I hadn't heard any of you being suspicious towards Dalton at the point when I started voicing my suspicions against him. I started voicing my suspicions against Dalton the night Lydia was murdered. Ask Dgrazian. "Hesitantly" is not the word I would use for it, and how would you know whether I was being hesitant about it? You weren't even there.

I only retracted my suspicions against Dalton at the point when he was pretty certainly getting lynched because he hadn't murdered me once it was obvious he was going down, which made me begin to doubt my previous suspicions against him.

I suspected Josh because he'd been so forceful about asking people for information about who certain power roles were, which seems like more a thing that a mafia member would do. Obviously I was wrong on this point, and I applaud the mafia for having us running in circles.

I agree that fake claiming investigator can be a good strategy, but not on day 1. That's just dumb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:36 pm 
I agree with Alex. It's possible that we're wrong, but I don't think so at this point.

Case 1: Dalton was mafia (which I believe was the case.) If so, there is no way he would have let Investigator Krue live so long without conscripting her. No way.

Case 2: Dalton was not mafia: Then I am less certain, but I still think krue is mafia. In this case, she probably started as mafia and claimed investigator to Dalton on the first day. It's a risky move to be sure, but absolutely not "dumb" as krue describes it. Krue probably reported correct results (avoiding investigating the actual killers of course) for the first few days. As long as she was reporting correct results, pretending to be an investigator wasn't really dangerous, contrary to krue's claims. Even if both real investigators became active in the game, she could claim to be a third investigator. Besides, who would be to say which of three or more "investigators" was lying?

As it turned out, there was no sign of any other investigator by Day 5, despite our repeated efforts to get them involved in the game. The mafia probably figured (apparently correctly) that they were both dead. So krue could safely make a false claim against Tom and establish herself as the only living investigator, a position of tremendous power. Unfortunately for her, Tom was a saint, which set off major alarm bells. And gravedigging the scapegoat Enrique showed Enrique to be innocent.

Also, some of krue's claims in her defense are simply false. She did not start the lynch mob against Dalton. Josh was tremendously suspicious of Dalton and was going to start a viable lynch mob against him. I had also begun to think that Dalton was acting extremely suspiciously. Krue had no choice but to acquiesce without falling under extreme suspicion (though she did unsuccessfully try to save Dalton toward the end of the day.) Additionally, the idea that a conscripted investigator shouldn't or wouldn't continue to claim investigator is nonsense. There's probably only one other investigator in game, and as soon as that investigator is dead, the conscripted investigator is free to make any sort of claims she wants. In the meantime, she's guaranteed that there won't be more investigator claims than investigators in the game. It's a perfectly safe position to be in.

In short, it's not a guarantee, but I really believe that Krue is mafia. We still probably have an uphill battle to win the game, because krue and Dalton have been directing nearly all of the lynchings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:54 pm 
And people, pleasseeeee vote. And post your opinions on the forum. Forum discussion is going down and down which is not what should be happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:55 pm 
Krue in fact suggested Dalton as suspicious to me before the lynch mob was publicly formed, suggesting that she was trying to get him lynched. This makes no sense if she was mafia. She has taken multiple other actions that are acting in good faith if she were a towns-person, some of which would highly benefit the mafia if played differently.

I suggest voting Alex given the above behavior, and if nothing else, no lynch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:55 pm 
Yup time for Krue to die

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:01 pm 
I voted for krue, mostly because holy crap long posts are overwhelming near midnight, and I should probably be more active, and I don't think splitting the vote is a good idea anyways.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]