Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Plotting Day 10
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:14 am 
We almost have this. The living players are:

Mafia:

Alex
Daniel
Raluca
Lizrita
Gaurav

Town:

Adam Yedidia
AustinFathman
dontony
Elizabeth Attaway
garywang (gravedigger)
incematt
jaysonl
kbeth (gravedigger, as revealed by Alex.)

Go for any reasonable kill tomorrow. Remember to text people including Alex. Alex, can you put your phone number here.

We shouldn't have much work to do at this point, but let's finish strong!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:32 am 
I'm kind of surprised nobody has grave-dug Dalton. Not that I'm complaining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 am 
Yes, it's great that nobody has gravedug Dalton or Krue. I don't think it's likely they will, as they're both proxied by Mafia and I don't think will do the gravedigging without asking us if they should. If we want to be bold, I can always ask for both to gravedig Molly.

My number is 201-240-8237.

I tend to run into Jayson Lynch near my office in Stata G6 but don't want to kill him without an alibi, especially given the suspicion of me he voiced yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:39 am 
Jayson would actually be my first choice target today, though. I strongly suspect he has the last fake ID. I have one and Gaurav has another.

I agree, though, best not to kill him around your office.

I should be able to make a kill today. I'll have the alibi that I was working the Big Screw booth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:46 am 
I was thinking of stalking 18.03 to try to get dontony. Could I still do that or are we trying to just get Jason?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:47 am 
Yesterday was kind of really weird. I poked Adam to vote and it was really late, like 11:54 or something, and we had vegan pizza in the oven, so we had to hurry. He sits down at his computer, looks at the screen and is like "Okay! Krue lynch mob! Voting for krue." I actually read the posts, and would have definitely voted to lynch Alex if I was townie and had gotten online earlier.

I suspect the low voter turn-out yesterday was mostly because people didn't agree with Alex and didn't have the guts to vote to lynch him.

Aside from Adam, all the krue lynch votes were mafia. It's fine since it was kind of close enough that unaccounted for votes could have gotten Alex lynched, but otherwise, obvious mafia voting block is obvious.

Hopefully no one notices?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:06 pm 
I have class from 1:00 to 2:30 which would give me a good alibi if Jayson is killed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:17 pm 
Liz is right about the voting block, but I don't think anyone is going to notice. Town is way too fragmented at this point to do anything. Austin wants to be mayor, but he won't go through the process of getting signatures.

It's interesting you say that about Alex. He was determined to lynch krue before we conscripted him. I wonder what the disconnect there is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:24 pm 
I killed Jayson in 32-123 (6.033 lecture) at 2:01 p.m. I don't think any other living players are taking that class.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:33 pm 
Nicely done! Did jayson have a Fake ID?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:36 pm 
Don't know. I hurried out as soon as I made the kill. I've pm'ed Jacobi to ask him.

I'd be surprised if he didn't have the ID. I'm pretty sure krue had it, and Jayson would have been the natural person to give it to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:52 pm 
If so, we have majority.

With jayson's ID, there's an exploit that gives use a mechanically forced win, even if a politician (or even two) is left and everyone can perfectly avoid us for the rest of game, and town has perfect luck. I'll leave it as a puzzle first in case everyone wants to think about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:02 pm 
Oops, my proof of forced victory has a hole in that a Mayor could be elected. So, technically, no forced win.

Le me give a new puzzle then:
Show that 3 Mafia with 3 Fake ID's have a forced win against four townies of any roles from the starting set if there is not currently a Mayor, even in the worst case where town can hide forever, the Mafia have used all their powers, and vote history is arbitrarily bad for Mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:55 pm 
So, the only way we can really lose is in town elects a mayor. Worst case: a mayor is elected, they check to find five Mafia, realize a Mafia coalition, steal fake ID's from two of us, then push through a Majority vote to lynch.

They'd need five of the seven living non-mafia players to sign, which would be extremely hard. So, do not sign any petitions for non-mafia Mayor! Make whatever excuse you need.

Should we do to try to play natural tonight? Should we post alibis, or just keep silence to make sure nothing flares up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:04 pm 
Alex and I should post alibis. The rest of you probably shouldn't.

I don't think it really matters, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:11 pm 
Liar liar pants on fire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:30 pm 
I need to pass off one of my fake ID's to somebody. So that we can vote with all of them. Is somebody in the student center region (or somewhere that they can get there quickly.) If so, text me or call me.

I believe we can power-play tonight. We lynch, say, Gary Wang (a known non-Politician).

Then there are five mafia left and six townspeople. Killing one more townsperson tomorrow will permanently prevent the possibility of a mayor (note a majority is needed, not 50%)

Can somebody post some sort of plausible reason to be suspicious of Gary? I would ideally like to keep the town confused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:33 pm 
I can't come to get an ID, but I'm in Sid Pac, you can to stop by to hand it off if you need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:40 pm 
Do we want to hire a Hitman tomorrow who will definitely see one of the players to ensure we get a kill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:15 pm 
Let's vote massively tonight for Gary Wang. He's gravedigger. Use all fake ID's.

Lizrita, can you kill Adam right after midnight? Then Pr{Mayor gets elected} = 0.

Alex, can you confirm that this is guaranteed to work? As long as we all vote.

Lizrita, can you confirm that you can kill Adam after midnight?

I just want to hand one of my fake ID's off to somebody.

Please post here to confirm that we are voting. I think this is guaranteed, as long as we all vote, using all fake ID's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:23 pm 
Yep, I'm pretty sure my analysis is correct. We just all have to vote tonight. Everybody for Gary Wang. With all fake ID's. Remember, each person can only use 1 fake ID. I currently have two. Gaurav has one. I need to hand one of mine to somebody else.

Btw, Gaurav has fake ID #1.

I have ID's # 2, 3.

I will be unavailable after 11:00 p.m. This is our last big organisational task. Let's do it accurately!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:27 pm 
Daniel, can you quickly come by Sid-Pac before 11? I'll come down and take the ID.

I sent in my vote for Gary Wang.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:57 pm 
I can definitely kill Adam after midnight. I'll send in my vote for Gary now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:58 pm 
Daniel, it's almost 11, I will come and take your ID if you haven't been able to hand it off yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:27 pm 
Reminder: Everyone vote for Gary Wang, including with your Fake ID's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:05 pm 
I'm off to kill Adam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:07 pm 
I think you should wait for votes to come in just in case to avoid any potential rules issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:17 pm 
I already sent it in. If anything, I can kill him again. He thanked me after I killed him. I guess he thought the game was more of a chore than he wanted to deal with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:22 pm 
Great, it surely will be fine, there's no way anything weird happened with the lynch vote. I think Jacobi is busy so it might be some time before he sees what happened.

By the way, the hypothetical exploit to let us avoid risking problems with the Politician is to No-Lynch every day, causing us to gain more and more uses of poison via the inactivity rule for not lynching, and poison all the town players in game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:07 am 
Ahhhhh.... that was definitely NOT the intention of that rule...but it shouldn't matter; we can't lose even if we hit the politician. We have 8 votes to their 5. Even if one of us with a fake id gets lynched (in a politician scenario), then tomorrow we will start with 6 votes to their 6. Even in this worst case, we still win as long as we make a kill tomorrow (which can always be accomplished by a hitman.)

Nice job everybody!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next