Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Introduce yourself!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:43 pm 
Introduce yourself to your fellow Mafia players!

Good things to include are your name, where you live, where you can be found, what you're doing for the summer, and anything else interesting about you. This is to help the Mafia know where you are so that they can kill you easier, and for more convenient meet ups to discuss the game in real life.

I'm Alex. I'm moderating this game. I live in Sid-Pac (261A). I can be found in Random and at my Stata office (32G-604).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:13 pm 
Hey all

I'm Tom, current resident of 241 on Black Hole in Random.

I'm doing a internship/UROP-y thing with a group making Lego Cellular Biology Kitsthis summer, and will often be around the Lemelson and Edgerton Centers.

I'm also Random Hall's Soda Fridge Chair, and will buy delicious beverages and associated products for Soda Fridge if poked about which ones to buy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:14 pm 
Hello everyone, my name is Jacobi!

I am a froshling Randomite Course 16, specifically one which lurks on black hole. I partake of the forbidden arts of APO, Guild, and ASA far too often.
This summer I am working Random Desk full time (M-F noon-8, would be a great place to kill me), and night watch part time.
I am also one of Random's Laundry Chairs, and will smite you most vilely if you break anything down there.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:30 pm 
Hi, I'm Jayson

I live on Black Hole and am currently UROPing with Erik Demaine. I'm also the president of the Lab for Chocolate Science (we need a treasurer if anyone is interested) and I play in many Guild Games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:29 am 
Hello!

My name is Lydia.

I live in 335, BMF, Random Hall. I spend most of the day in lab (Whitehead Institute, fourth floor), which is possibly where my marbles are disappearing to. Around 5 or 6 pm I rollerblade home. I am also a desk worker--my shifts are usually mornings (8-12) or afternoons (12-16) on weekends, and occasionally 20-24 on weekdays. But don't kill me at desk. I mean really, have some class.

=)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:46 pm 
Hi, I'm Andrew, a freshman in Course 8/it's complicated.

I'm living on Bonfire for the summer (425 large half), and can generally be found there after 6 or 7 on weekdays. I work at the Gore Laboratory of Evolutionary System Biology (13-2010) from 9ish to 6ish on weekdays, and part time on weekends. But if you kill me while I'm pipeting I will stick the pipet tip up somewhere uncomfortable for you, biohazard and all. All 12 tips, since I use multichannels.

Besides work, I'm also part of APO and Guild. Don't kill me at a Guild game, please, since that will cause all the confusion. Preferably, don't kill me in the Guild game either. :)

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:40 pm 
Hi, I'm Kim - I live in Central Square but I visit Random most days either around 7 or else late-ish/before desk closes. And if people let me know in advance when people are planning to get together to talk about the game, I will try to be there. I work in Newton - don't try to kill me at work, it's super not worth it. When at Random, I am generally on bonfire, black hole or destiny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:50 pm 
Hey guys! I’m Raluca. This is my second time playing Mafia and I’m definitely looking forward to it :D I live at Kappa Sig but try to spend most of my time visiting Random and sometimes pika after work. I have an internship at Jumptap and am usually there from 9-5:30ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:52 pm 
Hi, I'm Daniel (and sometimes go by dgrazian.) I'm a rising senior in course 18c. I'm involved in guild, APO, and chess club. I'm also working a 55 hour/week internship with 50 minutes of travel each way, so I will probably not be nearly as involved in this game as in previous games. I'll do my best to keep up, though!

And I am not mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:37 pm 
Hi,

I'm Ben or Ducky, whichever you prefer. I'm a rising senior in course 10b, coming from East Campus. This summer I am in Random (room 123, Destiny).

I'm working in the media lab with summer, so you can find me there, in the student center, or on Destiny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:48 am 
Hi,

I'm Tessa. I'm a rising sophomore/exiting freshman in course 8. I live at Random Hall. I can be found on Bonfire or Pecker in the evenings (my room is on Pecker at the moment, but I still spend most of my time on Bonfire). I'm working at the Sadoway Lab this summer. I'd prefer not to be found actually at lab, because chemicals are dangerous (also there are ~6 rooms in the lab). You're more likely to find me running around buildings 6, 8, 4 and 13, probably in a lab coat and goggles. If you surprise me while I'm carrying samples and they break I will be extremely annoyed. I usually eat lunch between 12 and 1, often at Stata.

I also do guild stuff, but like has been mentioned, that'd be confusing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:55 am 
Hi! I'm katoco, and I'm a rising junior in course 2. I live on Black Hole and hang out there most of the time. I'll be working in building 46 this summer, but you need card access to get into my lab, so it's probably not the best place to assassinate me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:42 pm 
Yo. I'm Alcor, a cruft. I live five minutes from Random at a cruft house called Cyberdyne. I can be found at Random in the evenings, and I regularly go to Jiu Jitsu at the Z center from 7-9 PM on days when it happens. (Monday, wednesday, thursday.) I also work out there.

I have a real job, so I am off campus entirely from 7:30 AM to 6 PM every day. If you happen to intern at Lincoln Labs, well, I suppose you could kill me at work. :P

I do Guild also. (I hereby repeat everything people are saying about Guild games, blah blah etc.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:22 pm 
Greetings lovely players of this wonderful Mafia game!

My name is Eloise B. Death, but my friends call me Eloise. (And NO ONE calls me Eloise Beatrix Death, 'cause Beatrix is just a horrid name for one of my species!) I am currently a course 19.

I live on Titan, Saturn's largest moon. But I frequently visit those of Jupiter's.

You won't find me at Random before the game ends though, because my Hyperwarp drive broke, and the mechanic can't come before the 28th at approximately 7pm. And it's an hourlong trip over there to Random Hall, so I will arrive at 8pm if everything goes according to plan.

Toodles!

tl;dr I am merely here for flavor, I know nothing besides what is posted here in the Town Square, don't meta with anything I say, it won't help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:16 pm 
Hello. I am the "town elder" for this game. I am here to give you "good" advice and help you make sure that the mafia get what they deserve: control of this town. I will offer some general advice, though, since I'm a good sport about things.

It helps to blindly trust people. There's a very low chance that the person you choose to trust is actually mafia.

Form lynch mobs right before midnight. Then we won't have time to react to your lynch.

Wander off in pairs whenever you can. The game isn't as fun if there's not a hint of danger.

However, if you're a vanilla townsperson, then try not to be killed. It's better if someone else dies than if you die.

I hope you all take my advice to heart and make this a fun and quick mafia win.