Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:09 pm 
Jacobian is lynched in a close vote (3 for Jacobian, 2 for No Lynch, to 2 for Tom)

anchen votes for Jacobi.
blehnert votes for Jacobi.
tdgreen votes for Jacobi.

Daniel Grazian votes Tom.
Lydia Krasilnikova votes Tom.

jaysonl votes No Lynch.
Tom votes No Lynch.

Everyone else (including Fake ID's) didn't vote.

If I messed anything up, please tell me!

Discuss!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:14 pm 
Gravedigger, please gravedig Jacobi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:16 pm 
I'm fairly sure that he is not mafia.

Prior to explorations, we had a cordial conversation regarding not being mafia and having to worry about there being no kill, which I do not believe he could do to my face without being truthful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:17 pm 
When Jacobi died, he held both Fake ID's. Now, Fake ID 1 randomly goes to Tom and Fake ID 2 to jaysonl. Please either get physreps from Jacobi or make new ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:19 pm 
Alex wrote:
When Jacobi died, he held both Fake ID's. Now, Fake ID 1 randomly goes to Tom and Fake ID 2 to jaysonl. Please either get physreps from Jacobi or make new ones.

And this really surprises me. I guess Jacobi is a better liar than I thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:20 pm 
But why didn't he use them? He could have easily killed you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:21 pm 
He couldn't have used 1 of them, because that would have given it away.

I don't know why he didn't vote, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:28 pm 
anchen wrote:
He couldn't have used 1 of them, because that would have given it away.

I don't know why he didn't vote, though.

If he had voted no lynch with his orignal and his vote, then there would have been no lynch.

A possible reason for his death is that his computer had recently died, and it was possible that he was unable to vote after returning to Random.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:43 am 
Sorry, forgot to vote yesterday because I was preoccupied with a guild game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:32 am 
I was dealing with things and also had my late-running tabletop run, so I forgot to vote. Next time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:16 pm 
Announcement: anchen was killed in Bonfire lounge at 7:08 PM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:53 pm 
I was in the bathroom waiting for anchen to come so I could dye his hair, getting very confused about the whole "taking way too long" thing (I'd sent him to go grab a chair).

Last night Andrew came back to our room after talking with Dgrazian. He told me that he was rather concerned that he'd implied to Dgrazian that he (Anchen) was investigator. He also specifically requested that I relay this information to the town in the event of his death.

Unless Dgrazian comes out with an extremely airtight alibi, I'd like to lynch him tonight.

-Tessa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:57 pm 
Let me think of where people were at that point.

I was at a GM meeting then. Folks can testify for that (so a player and a non-player). It's for my tenday, so I sure as hell am not missing it, so I was gone.

Jayson, on the other hand, got to the meeting late. Ergo he could have done this. On the other hand, I know he's sick and may not have been up to it.

dgrazian could also have done this, given that he has been running around the dorm moving stuff all day. He was apparently around at the time of the murder also. Ergo, he's also on my list. On the other hand, if Tessa's story is kosher about dgrazian is true, Daniel should have used Ambush if he was Mafia and knew anchen's role. So there's confusion.

Tessa was apparently dyeing his hair and was thus around for this event. She's a possibility. There's something to be said for trying to pin the blame on others, but on the other hand, eh.

I know a lot of people were at Rider, so if we can figure out who those were, we can narrow things down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:03 pm 
Wait. I misunderstood Ambush. I thought it was announced when a death was due to Ambush instead of normal kill. So Daniel is still up in the air.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:04 pm 
There also wasn't necessarily a guarantee on that one. I could, quite easily, be an investigator who was feeding information to Andrew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:22 pm 
I'm taking a nap until 11. If you need anything, call me (201-240-8237). I don't mind being woken up.

Edit: Never mind, ballroom dance event downstairs means surround-sound music in my room. Going to Random instead.

Last edited by Alex on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:33 pm 
I was in black hole lounge at the time. I was there since a little before 7:00, playing Online Dominion. Paul Weaver was in the lounge playing video games, and should be able to confirm this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:48 pm 
Anchen was gobbled up in the fires of Bonfire. Never to be seen again.

But don't worry Tessa, you can dye the ashes of him different colors with the hair dye :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:06 pm 
As far as what tdgreen is saying, I don't know exactly what she is talking about. Andrew and I talked extensively early this morning, and I told him everything I knew. This was because I was quite confident he was innocent, given that he persuaded tdgreen to vote for Jacobi. However, he did not tell me anything about his or anybody else's role, and if he implied anything to that extent I didn't catch it.

Tessa, are you saying that anchen was investigator?

Anyway, if the investigator(s) is/are still alive make the investigation right away. I'd welcome an investigation of myself. Besides that tdgreen, Jayson Lynch, Lydia, and katoco would be my top investigation choices. Tdgreen would be my top choice for obvious reasons.

Everybody, post where you were at the time of the murder and any relevant witnesses. I'm in black hole lounge right now. Alcor is here, too. People should come here and discuss the game. Now, not at 11:30.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:48 pm 
Andrew said to me at that point that he thought he could trust you, and that he'd told you far more than he'd intended, and that he was now worried (and that you were where I should cast my suspicions in the event of his untimely death).

I'd also like to draw suspicion to Lydia, because she voted for Tom (mafia are unlikely to vote for "No Lynch" (want to kill townspeople) and there's no real reason to vote for Jacobi, a fellow mafia member, given the amount of suspicion around. Just a suggestion.

Yes, Anchen was an investigator.

Also--if I was going to kill Anchen, and I was mafia, I'd at least do so while I had a decent alibi. "I was alone with him ~20 feet from where the kill was" is so awful. I've spent enough time with him today that I could have done far better (like, say, some other floor of the dorm.)

Also, Dgrazian, I just wandered the dorm looking for you but couldn't find you. I'm going to sleep now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:53 pm 
Ahhh...I think we missed each other by about 30 seconds. Anyway, if you still want to talk, I'm in black hole lounge. Again, people should come here to discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:04 pm 
I voted for Tom because dgrazian said we should and that was the only opinion at the time, and I figure it's better to vote for someone than to vote for no one. I would have changed my vote after what Tom posted on the forum, but it was too late. Luckily my vote didn't end up mattering.

Anchen may have been the investigator, if there are two investigators. He was not, however, the investigator I was in contact with. I suggest we gravedig him to see what was up.

You should also know that the investigator I've been in contact with has investigated me and found me innocent today. The investigator was suspicious of me because I don't have a good alibi: I spent the day tea-partying with Loop and then cleaning my room and chilling with people on Destiny and derping on my computer. I don't know where I was at 7 but it was probably in my room, alone. I know it's super sketch for me to be reporting an investigation on me; hopefully the investigator will find someone else to confirm it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:11 pm 
Alcor -GM meeting
anchen -dead
blehnert -guild game
Daniel Grazian - on black hole, pweaver as witness He could have done it
Jacobian- dead
Jaysonl - possible, GM meeting He could have done it
katoco - She could have done it
kbeth - guild game
Lydia Krasilnikova- She could have done it
rifrim - dead
tdgreen - doing anchen's hair She could have done it
Tom- Guild game

Cough up alibi's

I like the idea of lynching dgrazian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:20 pm 
blehnert wrote:
Alcor -GM meeting
anchen -dead
blehnert -guild game
Daniel Grazian - on black hole, pweaver as witness He could have done it
Jacobian- dead
Jaysonl - possible, GM meeting He could have done it
katoco - At cruft house
kbeth - guild game
Lydia Krasilnikova- She could have done it
rifrim - dead
tdgreen - doing anchen's hair She could have done it
Tom- Guild game

Cough up alibi's

I like the idea of lynching dgrazian

reposting because we can't edit out posts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:36 pm 
So, we have 1/5 chance of having two Investigators. If we go with the 80%, we have two theories:

A) Lydia is lying, and anchen really was the investigator, so then I'd say Lydia did it because unless the superhero has been going Investigator constantly and reporting to Lydia, there was no way that anchen the dead Investigator said anything today.

B) Tessa is lying, anchen isn't the investigator, and she is making up an excuse to frame Daniel.

If we do have an Investigator 2, and that person talked to Lydia today, that means that either Daniel, Lydia, Jayson, or Tessa is Investigator 2, because no one else was around to talk to Lydia between the time of the murder and the time of her posting. (At least, I haven't been seeing people.)

We should gravedig anchen to see if Tessa was right. I'd say lynch her if she's wrong. If she's right, we decide whether we think there are two Investigators, and whether probability is enough to lynch Lydia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:40 pm 
Ducky, why are you pointing at me?

My first choice would be tdgreen. She had the obvious opportunity, and her posts seem suspicious to me. According to anchen, anchen persuaded her to vote for jacobi over tom last night. This would have put tdgreen in a very uncomfortable situation. Plus, it would be extraordinarily difficult for her to lie to anchen for long. And of course she would have to kill him herself, because she'd be the only mafia left.

I'm definitely not sure about this, but tdgreen seems like the most plausible candidate for lynching. And please, don't lynch me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:41 pm 
Twenty minutes until voting closes! Also, don't forget that Fake ID's can vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:49 pm 
And we need to decide really quickly, because we only have 15 minutes left. Please post your votes on the forum, so that people can be held accountable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:50 pm 
We'll find out who voted for who anyway, right?