Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:24 pm 
sammyluo wrote:
-Weak, but: I'm a horrible liar and terrible at being mafia, and if I were actually mafia I'm pretty sure someone would've been tipped off psychologically before now.


Beautiful.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:28 pm 
Lmao sammy you are a genius and despite knowing better I totally agree with you that achester is a sketchball.

(achester - nothing personal, but you have been suspiciously inactive, making suggestions that randomly happened to be bad, and afaik still not mechanically confirmed your ICness (except to Lotta who doesn't count))


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:33 pm 
Sooooo much popcorn watching the sammyluo / achester debate.

Also, I just noticed that sammy says nastya is the most likely other mafia. Very excellent reverse psychology.

Sammy, why do you say you suck at lying? I'm joining the achester lynch mob now... :)


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:18 pm 
Sammy is so ready to be done with this game, and yet here he is still viciously arguing, and IMO making the better one. Mainly because Sammy was uber-townie-ish in the first 4 days and a huge contributor to the deaths of multiple mafia, while achester has no such accolades. Also, as Sammy says "It's funny because everything I'm arguing is logically sound, and I have way more claims true than achester does :) " For instance,

lambhen wrote:
sammyluo + 1 more (likely maxmurin, since sammyluo defended him yesterday in the GCSN and alibi'd him today and on day 1 as a "stalker"): we can win with some room to spare by guessing the other mafia. There's at least one good gay knight who can make a revenge kill, and we win the vote today to kill the other one. Even if we miss the revenge kill, I think we win: we execute sammyluo today and cast tiebreaker votes for the other person. Then at most two townies die of poison, leaving 4 townies and 1 mafia. The mafia can Slaughter only one, Trap only one (unless the mafia had enough role information before sammyluo entered the GCSN to set a trap by day 4, in which case they'd still have a Trap use left today), and regular-kill only one, leaving one townie to win the tiebroken vote. Also, this doesn't even use vigilantes, and there might be a good vigilante.


Yeah this is false. Mafia have a scheme, slaughter, trap, and regular kill they could use tomorrow, even if it weren't for the gay knights dying. Town needs to revenge kill or tase quickly in order to win.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:21 pm 
A note from achester for graveyard's amusement:
"Let's say you['ve just gotten in a beef with a townie]. What should you do?

The answer is immediately post to town square, "PERSON X IS MAFIA!!!!""

-ksedlar, from her tips about being mafia, from the last time I was mafia.

A gchat conversation between achester and Alex:
Aleksandr: apparently ksedlar never passed on my gay knight claim? I was confused this whole time why nobody would let me in on anything
Sent at 6:30 PM on Thursday
me: Yep, she didn't.
Aleksandr: i am in fact gay knights with andytsai and set to do
i thought it was because my partner didn't confirm and this was thought sketchy
which was true as well
me: Yep. Ksedlar must just have missed your claim.
I'm going through possible sets of mafia now and seeing for which of them we could still win.
Aleksandr: i have a gay knight kill, if it works it puts us in a good position
me: You should probably do the same, because making your revenge kill is likely to be necessary to have any chance.
Aleksandr: yup
unfortunately i won't have much time to spend on it tonight
me: Also, making it today proves you good.
:(
Aleksandr: i would go over to campus in case of a positive, but I can't exhaustively check all the possilibilities
me: Ok. I'm working on sets of possibilities now, and then you can investigate.
Aleksandr: ok thanks
Sent at 6:32 PM on Thursday
Aleksandr: who is still alive that was in the innocence den?
me: me, csvoss, and sammyluo.
Sent at 6:39 PM on Thursday
Aleksandr: any reason for me not to investigate sammyluo?
maybe a group investigate coming up?
me: csvoss just claims to have investigated him negative.
Aleksandr: oh
me: She has one investigation left.
(For the other kill, not yours.)
So maybe maxmurin first?
(It's possible that one of them made each kill.)
(It's also possible that maxmurin isn't one of the other mafia, although that seems unlikely.)
I'd go for sammyluo and maxmurin.
Sent at 7:27 PM on Thursday
Aleksandr: if sammyluo is mafia, he'd know that I'm gay knights with andy and would likely catch him here
me: No matter who the mafia are, they know that you're gay knights with andy.
(Since the GCSN knew that, and there's a security breach.)
Go for maxmurin and sammyluo, I'd say.
Sent at 7:31 PM on Thursday
Aleksandr: maxmurin is stalked
me: Ooh, right.
It's still possible that Lucy's bad, so that's not a guarantee.
But good catch.
Sent at 7:34 PM on Thursday
me: Nastya would be a reasonable choice, since the first kill today was of the person stalking her.
Aleksandr: nastya is also stalked
me: But by ajliu, who was the first person killed today.
Aleksandr: wait, it works that way?
me: There's not much good if the stalker gets told who made a kill if they're already too dead to share it.
(Stalking isn't a tase; it just informs the stalker of kills.)
Aleksandr: oh right, of course
Sent at 7:37 PM on Thursday
me: Note that I don't alibi Lucy back, and I don't actually think I went downstairs to rinse off something at the time, so maxmurin isn't ridiculous, and she might also be reasonable..
I'd go with some two of nastya (because her stalker was killed first), maxmurin (because sammyluo's defending him, although this requires the set to be exactly {maxmurin, Lucy, sammyluo}), and sammyluo.
Sent at 7:40 PM on Thursday
me: You should talk with csvoss (the other dying GN) to coordinate investigations.
You should do so ASAP, since time is running low to make a kill today. If you don't both trust me, that discussion might have to be just between you two.
Sent at 8:04 PM on Thursday
me: Also, if you two go anywhere, you should make a petition to impeach the mayor and bring it around with you.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:31 pm 
achester wrote:
Gosh, did you really get role information from both maxmurin and nastya? If so, then you provably got role information from a townie; shame on that townie.


Both of their roles have been in the innocence den since yesterday...

Also, gah, I'm such a bad townie for rooting for mafia so hard here.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:39 pm 
Sammy should focus on talking with Lucy and getting her on his side. Unless Lucy votes to impeach herself, there won't be enough signatures to impeach her (assuming maxmurin wouldn't sign). So Lucy's vote is the one that really matters. Also, it looks like sashacf voted for maxmurin? If they keep that vote and there's an extra stray vote for someone other than Sammy, then mafia can win via the tie where no one gets lynched.

The thing that seems by far most dangerous is the fact that achester has influence over the ET blob. Or if people realize conscription could have been done later, and that Sammy being the spokesperson for the network would make him a MUCH better target than achester.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:03 pm 
Nastya needs to write Alex's name on her taser. Alex is way more likely to kill her than csvoss, and she needs the prep anyway. She should be ready to tase him on sight.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:26 pm 
achester wrote:
-The set of living mafia is {sammyluo, maxmurin, Lucy}. The set of dead mafia is {tsims, aok}.
-Either sammyluo or Lucy is the conscript. it's irrelevant which, but I'd bet sammyluo.
-The don is maxmurin.
-Maxmurin killed ijc on day 1, and sammyluo claimed to stalk him to establish an alibi.
-Aok was serial killer, and killed jfrisch. (Duh.)
-Lucy killed lilychen on day 3. Sammyluo claimed to stalk her to establish an alibi. (She's in the group that was investigated guilty.)
-tsims killed jakob on day 3 (possibly with a scheme, or possibly Lucy overheard lilychen revealing as IC and Slaughtered her).
-Sammyluo falsely reported the shovel result on jakob.
-One of maxmurin and sammyluo killed isaacg. He was the last Randomite, so they didn't worry about being seen. (They alibi'd each other for that kill.)
-Plant evidence was used on dgrazian. The mafia chose to kill and plant evidence on him because he was a claimed stalker, and calling him mafia threw suspicion off Lucy and sammyluo, the two mafia who claimed stalker.
-Maxmurin killed brunnerj, and investigates negative for it as don. (It's also possible that sammyluo did it with maxmurin as a scout.)
-Some combination of the three went on today's rampage. I didn't actually go downstairs to rinse something off (I'm pretty sure), and Lucy made that up hoping to plant a fake memory by which I'd alibi her.
-sammyluo convinced fmajluf7 to trust him, wheedled most of the GCSN's membership out of her (fmajluf7, if you're reading this from the graveyard, I chide you), and then convinced her so much that she let him in. But he didn't actually get any role information he was confident enough of to set a trap/slaughter with until he was let in on day 5.
-sammyluo, ltchin, and fmajluf7 collectively convinced each other that I was sketchy. (Not sure whether this started with sammyluo; I find it plausible that ltchin never trusted me and started it, and sammyluo just bandwagoned.)
-The mafia poisoned sashacf so that Lucy could claim to have been poisoned simultaneously, and neither of them would look any sketchier.


4.5/15. Counts "either Sammy or Lucy is the conscript," "aok killed jfrisch," "tsims killed Jakob," "sammyluo convinced fmajluf7 to trust him" (all done while he was town), and half of "sammyluo, ltchin, and fmajluf7 collectively convinced each other that I was sketchy."

I'm kind of surprised that it's that low.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:30 pm 
This must be how Pesto felt when it looked like town was going to win last game without figuring out the day 4 culprit.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:35 pm 
achester to nastya:

Nastya, you claim vigilante: you should kill someone today. It's strictly better to kill Lucy than not kill anyone, since she's claimed she's going to die at the end of today. You'll need to read through the claims and decide for yourself whom to kill. Please do it quickly, since it might be hard to make a kill in the time that's left today.

------------------

I think it would be hilarious if sammy killed max (using scheme) and nastya claimed to be the one who did it. They'd have one more townie down and achester would be really happy because he suspects max.

Also, achester is really putting the nails in his coffin by accusing townies... I really don't think Lucy will side with him now, and she's got the mayoral vote.

--jamb


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:35 pm 
achester to nastya:

Nastya, you claim vigilante: you should kill someone today. It's strictly better to kill Lucy than not kill anyone, since she's claimed she's going to die at the end of today. You'll need to read through the claims and decide for yourself whom to kill. Please do it quickly, since it might be hard to make a kill in the time that's left today.

------------------

I think it would be hilarious if sammy killed max (using scheme) and nastya claimed to be the one who did it. They'd have one more townie down and achester would be really happy because he suspects max.

Also, achester is really putting the nails in his coffin by accusing townies... I really don't think Lucy will side with him now, and she's got the mayoral vote.

--jamb


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:50 pm 
All I really want is for it to have been the case that Sammy was both the best player for town and the best player for mafia this game.

Though fmajluf7 could arguably get the first role instead. I think aok was probably like 60% me 40% shitty kill (I think I also get points for setting up the network, which allowed a lot of process of elimination and gave fmajluf7 authority). Jakob was probably 40% fmajluf7 for naming Jakob, 40% Sammy for hard pushing that tsims kills, and 20% tsims for enforcing the kill. Dgrazian was probably 70% fmajluf7 for bringing it up, 10% ltchin for supporting, 20% Sammy for yelling at town and squelching protest. Then fmajluf7 gets negative points for telling Sammy a bunch of role info and Sammy gets negative points for poking into everything when he looked like a good conscript, but fmajluf7 gets more negative points. So idk.

Nastya could also get the second role on account of being personally responsible for literally 7x as many kills as any other mafia aligned player. But it probably goes to Sammy if he can argue his way to a win tonight.

There's also a lot of miscellaneous stuff that lots of people did, but that's harder to calculate.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:52 pm 
nastya wrote:
Ok, then I'll kill achester tomorrow using slaughter the weak if he doesn't get lynched. I would like to set a trap on Max and Alex. And if I need to kill csvoss I'll use regular kill. This way, if I encounter any of the players tomorrow, I'll be able to kill them.

Killing people is kinda fun, so even if there is no I need to, I can take the unnecessary risk to try to kill GNs. Otherwise, they'll lynch me tomorrow. And if I attempt to go for a mass murder again, most likely mafia will not win, but I'll die with glory.


LMAO. Can "Killing people is kinda fun" please be nastya's new signature?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:54 pm 
Yes please! I'm pretty sure that nastya's going to be one of the most tempting conscripts in the next game she plays.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:55 pm 
They've started a petition to impeach Lucy, and achester PMed everyone he believes not to be mafia about it. Alex: "Nastya, Chelsea: Would you meet up to sign the petition?"

If he can actually get nastya to meet him for this reason and kill her, that'd be brilliant. I hope sammy warns her against it.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:58 pm 
Also, current lynch vote status:

maxmurin, nastya, sammyluo - achester
Alex, sashacf - nastya
Lucy, csvoss, achester - not voted yet

nastya would lose ties if they happen; the other two have gotten no votes.
I'm guessing achester will vote sammyluo. csvoss may vote nastya too once she investigates her. It really just comes down to Lucy.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:59 pm 
Really, unlikely, but it would be hilarious if Lucy forgets to vote, resulting in a Lucy-achester tie and a mafia win.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:00 pm 
Oh wait, nvm, it would be a 3 way tie that nastya would lose. No fun. :(


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:04 pm 
Lol, so Pesto is trying to sign an impeachment petition for Lucy. Alex is trying to use it as an excuse to get nastya to meet up and kill her. Nastya is claiming to be hiding in a friend's room out of worry that she'll be killed (though she says she'll sign if they slide it under the door). Lucy is saying she won't sign no matter what and achester describes her as "camping outside of his door," making him worried that she wants to kill him.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:09 pm 
We ruled that you can't slide a petition under a door; the point of having the physrep passed around is that you can get killed when passing it.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:14 pm 
OMG WOW
IT WAS SO BLOODY OBVIOUS THAT SAMMY WAS GOING TO BE THE CONSCRIPT UGH
LIKE WHY DID NO ONE BELIEVE ME ON THIS.
I SHOULD HAVE DRIVEN HOME THAT POINT IN HARDER

ALAKJR;LADRJA;

Also, I don't think I ever convinced myself that achester was sketchy. I've like continually been sketched out by Sammy. Also, this was kind of a weird game for me - I've been IC really frequently but I think this is the first time that 1) we formed early enough and 2) we actually dcitated most of game. Many props to ksedlar for setting it up super early with desperado! I think that's the first time I've actually seen the role be used effectively.

Much popcorn to see how this turns out!


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:20 pm 
ltchin wrote:
OMG WOW
IT WAS SO BLOODY OBVIOUS THAT SAMMY WAS GOING TO BE THE CONSCRIPT UGH
LIKE WHY DID NO ONE BELIEVE ME ON THIS.
I SHOULD HAVE DRIVEN HOME THAT POINT IN HARDER

ALAKJR;LADRJA;


We are the only ones who saw the Truth

7/11 was a part time job

But yeah I should have advocated harder for lynching Sammy. Investigated him for stuff too.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:24 pm 
Unfortunately for Sammy, nastya being lynched would not in any way be a draw. He still would need to kill achester before getting tased. ET can easily tase Pesto at day start, and at that point a kill on Max makes Sammy the clear mafia, and no kill makes mafia lose via no-kill days. A Pesto/nastya combo is a win for town if nastya is lynched and Pesto is tased at day start, so there would be no harm in giving Pesto the second taser. And taser vs bang should be a taser win. So mafia probably lose if nastya is lynched.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:04 pm 
Pesto: "It's not possible that there are two mafia and exactly one of max+sammy are mafia because they alibied each other for todays kills which must have involved 2 mafia."

Lucy: "On the weird chance pesto is good, town gets a day to figure this out."

Town don't seem to realize at all that if they don't give Pesto a taser or hunt down Sammy early, Sammy can probably kill Pesto and Max before they can react tomorrow. If Sammy hadn't been driven to the point of exhausted resignation, mafia would have a good chance of winning via race conditions.

This is probably going to be the most disappointing game I've ever won.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:14 pm 
sammyluo wrote:
As soon as achester is tased at day start, it's a matter of finding achester before Alex finds me, where achester can hide all he wants. I just lose. It's fine.


It looks like Pesto has a 10 am thing tomorrow though, way before any obligations of Sammy's. Assuming that town was confident enough of Pesto's guilt to not bother giving Pesto a taser or staking out his activity / Floor Pi in the morning, this is a race condition that Sammy would have had a good chance of winning.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:02 pm 
I had interpreted the rules differently that town would win because lynch votes happen before poison deaths. It wasn't on my radar that Sammy would be able to win by killing both other townies.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:20 pm 
Yeah, that had been a point of ambiguity. He could have also killed you all via kill + slaughter + trap + scheme.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:28 pm 
ksedlar wrote:
Yeah, that had been a point of ambiguity. He could have also killed you all via kill + slaughter + trap + scheme.


Gay knights who guess their partner's killers are immune. And there's no kaboom, so they're REALLY immune.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Day 7 thoughts
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:04 am 
Quote:
This is probably going to be the most disappointing game I've ever won.

This must be how Pesto felt when it looked like town was going to win last game without figuring out the day 4 culprit.


Yep, sorry! I feel slightly less bad for having had basically the right suspicions before I convinced myself they couldn't be right because of my beef with Lucy and not thinking about late conscription, but my play on the last few hours certainly didn't deserve to win.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group